What are you working on right now?

@Plucky Novice - Maybe try doing a short story with them if they're still really fresh in your mind?

As for me, I've started editing Gumshoe Paladin again and was excited to see I'd edited three more chapters than I thought I had.

Back to my Novella Leave Me inspired by The Big Peat and his music. I had abandoned it for a while, but it wouldn't abandon me. I aim to actually finish it this run and hopefully get some outside thoughts and input on it.

Finish it finish it finish it finish it.

I'm writing a space opera with two narratives set five years apart. I'd been putting it off but then I saw an old Bowie interview where he said you should always try and paddle a little out of your depth, where your feet are just a little off the swimming pool floor, because that's where the interesting stuff happens. So far, I'm finding he's right. Though there's times I feel a wee bit overwhelmed.
Anyway, I think it's called The Dragonfly Girls. Not sure though...

Still proofreading. Hope to be done on the 12th, give or take.

I dislike proofreading. On the plus side, the current book is slightly shorter than the previous trilogy entries.

Need to actually open my WIP files, and look at what I have lurking in there. Hopefully, while the builders are ripping a part a huge part of my house interior, and putting back together I can sit in the third bedroom and at least go through stuff.

Reactions: Vaz
I've got many ideas floating around, doing some research on time travelling, antique shops and old furniture. Are you intrigued, well I hope you are. Actually time travelling is the easy part, its the furniture and antique shops that are proving difficult.

I've been rebuilding my website, www.ad2045.com - this time using Wordpress with an independent hosting package. Generally quite pleased with how it is going but always happy to get other opinions.

I wanted novel #4 to be about alienation from the self. What if someone was (newly) an alien and didn’t realize the swap had ever happened? What if the signs were progressive, and our heroine slowly lost everything she loved (almost like a terminal disease)? So I’ve entered negative character arc land, × 3. I’m conducting research, reaching out to experts, mapping out each arc, and am now about 12k words into the outline (which should itself be ~40k words when complete).

Having fun, but all the pre-prose work is painstaking. Comps would be vaguely adjacent to The Astronaut’s Wife, Annihilation, Solaris, etc.

Experimenting with a short story told through a combination of emojis and computer code. It started out as a 75-word challenge for last month but I've been trying to flesh it out. It's the kind of challenge that simultaneously fires me up and annoys the bejeesus out of me.

Nearly finished proofreading. Still need to implement changes, but I've done most of them and a lot of what's left is multi-chapter consistency (is term X capitalised? etc).

Getting the first book sorted out for paperback publication, editing the sequel and writing the sequel to that. It's busy.

I've finally started to collect some of my poetry together. I've found about 25 poems I'm quite happy with so far. One is even sci-fi, and another speculative!

Edit: Not to mention the hours I'm spending improving my website.

Last edited:
After many years of limited production, I'm trying to take a real tilt at it this year with hopes of finally finishing something. Every Sunday morning I'm taking myself down to the local library and putting in a couple of hours of writing, and it has worked wonders so far. I've found I'm far too easily distracted at home, but knowing I've got those couple of hours to write, and being in a different environment and in a different head space, I've been surprised at the progress I've made. I'm currently plugging away at a YA fantasy-ish novel that I've been kicking around for a few years now, and feeling okay about it, which is good for me!

My first tentative steps on this site. Judging by the posts I have read from all you guys, I have a lot to learn. I've just put my first book onto Amazon and am busy telling as many people about it as I can. I've got the sequel in the trilogy written and ready for editing but seem to be spending all my time messaging people and asking them to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
An adventure story involving a bunch of heroes summoned to a fantasy world to help save it from invasion.

I'm intending it to be a ever-continuing story. I published the first chapter on a lark (on wattpad) and am now writing a buffer of chapters with the intention of releasing a chapter a week, basically forever.

I'm still working on the above, but I'm also writing a space opera novel with 3 androids/robots having space adventures.