What are you working on right now?

Oh, I think it's written well enough; but after re-reading it, I realized it wasn't "extraordinary". For the subject matter, it was quite common. I believe it's good enough to include in a collection of stories I'm working on (on and off), but not for the wonderful publications that group puts out! For my collection, I think it'll fit perfectly!
Shouldn't you let them decide? We shouldn't put ourselves down! Unless I've misread that and you'd prefer it for your collection anyway.

I revisited the targets I made a year ago and found out I wanted to finish 20 short stories. I'd remembered that as 20 submissions (including resubmitted rejections). I've only finished 10 stories, so I'm working on following up critiques to finish as many as I can!

A year ago most of my stories were around 2,000 words or less, so maybe a word target would've been more appropriate. I don't have an exact number but I've written well over 50,000 words. A novel length of short stories isn't bad! I currently have 6 stories out for submission, and I'm also working on stories that were rejected earlier in the year (yesterday, I cut a further 200 words from one).

Shouldn't you let them decide? We shouldn't put ourselves down! Unless I've misread that and you'd prefer it for your collection anyway.
Not putting myself down. They were looking for "unique stories"... and mine, though I think it's good - is not really unique. I believe it'll fit well in my story collection.

Working Toward in 2019:

I am looking to finish two novels next year: I will finish Darganau: The Complete Autobiography of the Most Notorious of Dragons, and hope to finish one more - once I decide which of three I've started I want to focus on. :p

Easy decision for me. Will be completing book 4 and, after a short break, going onto book five and the story finale. :D

Hi,

My wizards now 132K long and just the last few chapters to do. Definitely trying to get it done before new years. And I'm in the process of hiring a cover artist.

Titles a problem though. I'm thinking of: Madness and Magic: The Seers' War. Any thoughts guys?

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

Wow - despite suffering from that most terrible of illnesses - manflu (no laughing women!) I just finished Madness and Magic. It may need a little tweaking though, but it will definitely make the eds before new years!

So happy. (Also so sore!)

Cheers, Greg.

Manuscript of Into the Second World is now with my editor. I'll be hiding behind my couch for a few days.

A story for the forthcoming Third Flatiron anthology; a 'psychic visionary' dissuades Hitler from conquering the Soviet Union in a rational fashion, so that 'Europa' isn't subsequently nuked by the Americans...

Solo book or going to split it in two? (Of course, you might add/remove a lot in the editing).

Trying to write the very last, small but important, addition to Crown of Blood. If it works, then all (ha) that will be left is polishing the new bits and then a proofread. And the cover, of course, but that is in hand.

Note to self and others: trilogies are a bugger to write. Much prefer loose series. Sir Edric, surprisingly, is very low maintenance.

Solo book or going to split it in two? (Of course, you might add/remove a lot in the editing

Good luck with Crown of Blood. The idea of trilogies horrifies me btw; stand-alone is all I think I’m capable of.

Speaking of: I’m not going to split it (my wip) into two as I’ve already had to take out the whole Victorian period storyline as it’s the only one I could remove and save for another time. I quite like the idea of a couple of books and have ideas how to give this legs but...

pH

Reactions: Vaz
Editing the sequel to Up To The Throne, and writing the sequel to that!

The main reason is that I've had the first two books complete in some form for a long while. I've done what I think of as "harsh" edits on them a few years back, and so it has been a matter of going through them and editing them for detail (with Sam's help, I should add). The third book is in a messier state, and needs more work.

Also, I have no life.

If you spend x hours writing something, how many hours do you spend editing? X, 2x, 10x. I want to know what I’m in for.

I’m coming to the end of the rough draft of my first nove(la?) 37k now, probably will be around 50k.

If you spend x hours writing something, how many hours do you spend editing? X, 2x, 10x. I want to know what I’m in for.

I’m coming to the end of the rough draft of my first nove(la?) 37k now, probably will be around 50k.
Everyone will be different, but I probably spend 10x the time editing some stories. That's only shorts; the longest 10,000 words.

Currently trying to bulk up my sci-fi novel because the word count is too short. I tend to write in a bare-bones sort of way, leaving out world-building and explanations. I'm trying to break that habit so I can actually get this thing published before the next millennium.

I gave up. o_O

I know I can't abandon writing, even if I wanted to, and will get back to it. Just can't stay away.

Back to my Novella Leave Me inspired by The Big Peat and his music. I had abandoned it for a while, but it wouldn't abandon me. I aim to actually finish it this run and hopefully get some outside thoughts and input on it.