What are you working on right now?

Nice observation. I've found that too, reaching story points that have been in the plan for years. Sometimes they've built up such a weight I get scared I'll never do them justice.

I'm scared too. Scared to go "there." To feel the emotional anguish of the characters. I had to make my main character a semi-sociopath just because I was afraid of feeling the pain a normal person would from his loss. It kind of worked out better that way, because his sociopathy is what caused the loss in the first place.

MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1522113302222.jpg_1522113306187.jpeg

Jormungandr is helping write chapter 2 of the big arc I'm currently working on.

Having a hard time banging out the words. May very well quite for the night soon, but hey, a thousand is better than none lol

A superhero short story for an anthology about female leaders. I'm experimenting a little with the style here: 1st person present tense for the "now" scenes and 1st person past for ones in the past. No clue if it will work out or not. We'll see.

I started writing a radio play for a friend, realised that it was much too long, and wrote a second, shorter, play. I now need to finish off the first one some time. However, the novel is easier to do, and the story is at least two thirds done. Perhaps I'll come back to the play once I've done the book. And after that, goodness knows...

Currently just over 10,000 words into an UF novel. If all goes to plan and life doesn't throw too many rocks at my head, I should have a completed first draft by the time September rolls around. Then the real fun can begin!

A million little things. Longer term, I still need to finish Crown of Blood (which is, to be fair, most of the way there) but it's going to take me longer than I'd hoped, for both writing and non-writing reasons.

I'm still on my first redraft of a scifi novel. The ending needs a lot of reshuffling and rewriting.

I think I am beginning to comprehend how this works... Write, then redraft, redraft, redraft, etc, until it feels more like editing, then edit, edit, edit, etc, until my head falls off or it is finished.

Edit: ...or rather, ready for beta reading and editing.

Turns out my big arc I'm working on will be much longer than expected. I projected 20K, and I'm now currently 10.5k in and about a third of the way through. So yay! I got the 5th chapter of it up and published just now.