What are you working on right now?

A short horror, redrafting a bit of Kingdom Asunder, and [slight back-burner, letting it rest] seeing if a different ending to Sir Edric's Kingdom works (it was meant to be a new scene, and became almost 5,000 more words...).

As I'm waiting on the other half proofing the third book, and the second one is up, I decided to make myself a website. Because why not! (Also to avoid writing the prequel as I am lazy.)

I'm working on my new WIP. Tentatively titled, The Ships Came at Dawn, but mainly because that is how i saved the file. I'm also finishing an outline for my super-awesome, semi-secret project, as well as trying to write my Serkrit Santa story, which I think is going well, if I only sat down to write it...I mean, why not have four things on the go at all times!!

Wow Ratsy you must be a good juggler! :)

Currently working on a short for the ToR submission window as well as writing my sekrit santa story

Improving (I hope) query letters and synopses - one agent wants a 300 word synopsis - argh - before I start submitting my dark fantasy.

Picked up a half drafted novel to see what I can make of it.

Making a very poor attempt at the first chapter for the sequel to my dark fantasy.

Trying to lengthen two very short stories for submission, but I fear any more words will kill the impact. Less is more as someone said.

Changing narrated paragraphs into actual character scenes in V7 of "The Solar Alliance". So it's expanding. Sometimes I have inserted summaries instead of story, which means more can simply be more :D Up to 56K words, so not a problem.

I am working on a series of novels that are not going to be strictly sci-fi but also break into the superhero genre. I am trying to target a younger audience, not young adult, but mostly people in their early to mid twenties.

I'm working on a short story about a character from my current WIP. As a way of developing my world, I'm challenging myself to write short stories that reside there and thought this character, who's a main character and non-speaking, would be the best place to start considering his history would never be told or found out otherwise.

Reactions: Vaz
I'm supposed to be taking a break of sorts while waiting for feedback to finish revising my MG novel. My idea was to work on some short stories in the meantime. Perfectly logoical, right? However, my brain has different ideas, apparently, and now I'm a few thousand words into something new. :rolleyes:

Taking a short break from a little horror [need to see it with fresher eyes to try and work out if it works. Central thrust is fine, details may need fiddling]. Just returned to messing about with the first draft of the Kingdom Asunder sequel, which happily means a chapter with perhaps my favourite character.

A corn muffin and small coffee. Later, I mought start something new, but have no new ideas. No idea. Probably yet another alien invasion scenario.

Right, the novel... the masterpie, the big one, the super-quadrology about a simple Earth gal and guy who discover the aeons-lost secret of the Universe, and set out to do something about it. I'm on it!

I'm working on a short story about a character from my current WIP. As a way of developing my world, I'm challenging myself to write short stories that reside there

I do this! All my stories (short or otherwise) All take place in one seamless universe and are all connected, really heps with world building and seeing previous characters with new characters eyes.

I'm working on a short fantasy/horror for submission that takes place before the novel called 'The Forgotten & The Fallen'

85000 words through Uncharted. Some tidying up then betaing time! Quite a departure from genre for me... a modern day techno-thriller with hopefully just enough SF to keep the readership from the Sleeping Gods novels happy while appealing to a wider audience.

The preorders are out for the Kindle of my Dad's novel 'Railroad Rising'. I'm just waiting on the revisions from my editor so that I can edit/revise and approve the changes.
In the meantime, I'm frantically searching for the possible sequel to the novel that I am sure my father was working on when he died. If I can't find it or if it doesn't exist, then I will be writing everything from scratch, which will also mean reverse-engineering character sketches and outlines.

So a quick grocery list:

Literary Writing
  • Railroad Rising - revisions/edits
  • Railroad sequel - find manuscript/create character sketches and/or outline
  • sort through all manuscripts to begin triage

Comic Writing
  • Isaac & Lee - revise/edit script then send to editor for changes
  • Grotto of Poppies - finish writing initial script
  • Sam Hawke #4 - begin working on adaptation
  • Space Trucking #5 - begin working on script

I just sent off the Isaac & Lee script to my comic editor, let the nerve-wracking waiting begin.

Reactions: Vaz