What are you working on right now?

I would like people to see what I have written, but not sure where to put it on this site. Help required.

Welcome to Chrons, GNDN.

This site doesn't have a place to post fiction. Members looking for critique of their work can post up to 1500 words in the critiques forum once they have 30 posts. If you just want others to read it, the best thing to do would be to post it on your own blog site, and then, when you've become active in discussions and have 100 posts here (the lower limit for self-promotion) you can tell us about it and link to it.

Reactions: Vaz
After a lot of uhming and aahing and wondering why chapter 2 didn't quite sit right and the flow was wrong, I've just realised that the first third is totally unnecessary and devoid of tension. So to nigh-total rewrite town we go. I'm actually so angry I can't speak, which is just as well, or I'd be bellowing every single swear word I could think of non-stop for the next minute. Instead I'm doing it in my head. I've just got to c*ckwomble.

And I should be concentrating on this rewrite but my mind is tormenting me with new ideas. Also, swearing.

Working on my autobiography, The Procrastinator's Tragedy.

That sounds just the sort of book I'd totally mean to read but never quite get round to doing so.

Proofreading (again, I think) Sir Edric's Kingdom after discovering, by chance, a mistake.

My WIP:
Title: Israel Falls
Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy
Topic: Time Travel
Action: Going back over my notes and many false starts over the years and putting them into the central plot to fill in the blanks.
Current Word Count: 12700 Words Solid. I plan to put in another 20K that I have set aside today, and then I still have to go through more notes 20K words there too. A main character I had from years ago will now be a well-fleshed out secondary character.

After a lot of uhming and aahing and wondering why chapter 2 didn't quite sit right and the flow was wrong, I've just realised that the first third is totally unnecessary and devoid of tension.

First third of the book? Or chapter two? If the former, then ... ah.

(This is a secret, so don't tell anyone.)

For the past three days, I've been working on...Absolutely Nothing!

Scandalous, I know. I Haven't not been writing for three days straight in like... um... never?

So, Break Time is over, and it's off to work I go!

I'm writing a short story. Bit of a change to my usual stuff. I might not even kill anyone.

Also proofreading Sir Edric's Kingdom. Did so in 2015 but apparently was drunk at the time because I've missed a couple of mistakes. Won't affect the release date if I can keep up the current rate of woe (glad it's not quite as large as the 'serious' stuff). And I am drawing a thingummyjig that might be in the third book.

Book 4 of my Hope Island Chronicles, working title, Pursuit Course. It's fighting me but, meh, they all do.

I'm working on my SF series book two, and it seems to be going well. I'm really messing up my outline, so will need to revise that soon. I set a goal of 30K words in August but after 9 days Im at about 7k, which is better than normal, but not enough to hit my goal. Will try to push it up a notch.

33% through first draft according to my MyWriteClub chart

Still writing a longer piece and up to 17K and desperately trying to get back into the routine rather a stint here and there, a long way to go still. Hopefully get two short stories up on Amazon this weekend.

Working on my new Novelette, I'd reached that Abyss: Everything's in place, the clues all given. I knew the finale. But how to connect those two points was evading me!

Now that I've got it, the work's going fast. Should be doing the (ugh) editing before the weekend's out!

YaY!

I'm working on a set of WW2 wargames rules to put off making a decision concerning which of the 5 writing projects I go back to (all WIP)

I'm working (on my awful phone,) on a story about drug... I mean spell dealing Wizards at Wizard university. The spell they cook up and get high on "Wraith" isn't just mind altering, it ends up bringing some, uh, bad things through from the other world's.

I'm thinking its Breaking Bad meets Harry Potter with a dash of Bloodborne.

Oh. Y/A Grimdark too. :) :devilish: