What are you working on right now?

Gonna do a little revamp on my Iron Girl Girl espionage thriller for agent and also rewrite a young reader picture book about the mysteries of the La Brea Tar Pits. Apparently, I've been rejected because a number of children of some of the Big Six editors cried piteously upon reading my story. Ya just can't go off killing baby mastodons by sinking them in the tar and having their mother follow them in. And then pack on the dire wolves and saber-tooth cats in a blood frenzy. Disney can get away with such things. But not I.

I'm in the middle of worldbuilding (or world-expanding) for my WIP. I've written a bit but the world needs to be developed a bit more before I can continue. Which means research time! Currently reading a book about historical architecture in the Carribean focusing on the 1500s-1700s and general reading about the Spanish Inquisition. Yes, for the same WIP.

Also I'm working on a short story about Death's Ferryman who falls in love - meant to be kind of humourous but I'm having difficulties with maintaining his voice. We'll see what happens.

And I'm plotting a play. It hasn't gotten far.

I need to get back to some editing. I do.

But I'm thinking luxuriously about a new just-started thing, which is in a world so different from the kind of thing I normally write that it makes my brain bend just to think about it. Bend and stretch. I have a character, though, and she's lovely.

I need to get back to some editing. I do.

But I'm thinking luxuriously about a new just-started thing, which is in a world so different from the kind of thing I normally write that it makes my brain bend just to think about it. Bend and stretch. I have a character, though, and she's lovely.

Intriguing.

Working on book three of a trilogy. It makes my head hurt in a good way. :)

Writing another chapter of Kingdom Asunder. I'd got stuck on it last time, but the tricky first scene's done. Had a crack at the second but decided to rewrite it, so it's more showing and less telling (plus it'll allow for a better introduction for a new species/race).

Back and fourth between writing a non-fiction self-help and editing a speculative novelette

Watching you tube videos on white water rafting in Colorado. Its for research...
I soooooo want to go white water rafting, now! :D

Me too! (not the research part, just the doing part). Let's organise a Chron's trip to the states and make it happen.*

Earlier I was working on shaving my head.

Now, I'm working on something to stop TDZ beating me.

pH

*when I say "let's" I mean ,er, "you". :D

Me too! (not the research part, just the doing part). Let's organise a Chron's trip to the states and make it happen.*

Earlier I was working on shaving my head.

Now, I'm working on something to stop TDZ beating me.

pH

*when I say "let's" I mean ,er, "you". :D

Going on a whitewater rafting trip to Colorado is not the most likely way to escape from me, you know. :D

Lots of interesting stuff going on! TDZ, please film Juliana and Phyrebrat's white-water rafting attempts so we can all have a giggle. :D

As for me, I've got just three shorts left to write for the HoW commission. Phew! Edits are in for my Torquere short and the editor seems happy enough - apparently the story's winging its way to a proofreader now.

I'm also pondering starting a novel in first person. Hmm.

Lots of interesting stuff going on! TDZ, please film Juliana and Phyrebrat's white-water rafting attempts so we can all have a giggle. :D

That's where I would be -- on the riverbank, with the camera! No whitewater for me, thank you -- that stuff is cold and wet. :D

That's where I would be -- on the riverbank, with the camera! No whitewater for me, thank you -- that stuff is cold and wet. :D

We might have to accidentally splash you... :D
Water balloons, anyone?

Today: the progression of a black-eye. Realistic action scenes are hard! (But fun).

Also, I kind of want to look up overalls now, Anya. It sounds interesting!

Today has been semi-productive. I'm just about to start writing but was meant to begin much earlier today.

But... my research (into solar alignments in Scotland) lead to 'research' <ahem> on Borley Rectory and then more 'research' on which Walking Dead character I am (Daryl - yay, go me! Although these things are kind of arbitrary if you ask me).

Going on a whitewater rafting trip to Colorado is not the most likely way to escape from me, you know. :D

Oh. Um. Yeah, that's a good point :eek: .

We might have to accidentally splash you... :D
Water balloons, anyone?

Yeah, we might accidentally splash you accidentally. We might. I also have a supersoaker which can get as far as hard-to-reach banks.

Oh, yeah, did I mention the splashing? I hate splashing. I might decide to drown you for it, except I'd have to get wet to do it. :D

I'm a Piscean...water baby here. :p

pH

I finished my first draft of my Aliens submission for Tickety Boo Press. Now comes the hard part...making it awesome. I will be reading it over and tweaking tonight then off to a few beta's for a read.

If anything Gary is getting a lot of people to write. :)

I'm not sure if I will work on a story of the Magic, Metal and Steam or move on to the one of the other Veil ones. So many options.

Working on my first WiP. Some Chapters flow some don't. 110k is my word limit and i'm at 65k with a lot still to write. I may end up cutting entire subplots =-(