What are you working on right now?

Book 2, Act 6 of my long, long, LONG-gestating Inexorable series - as a break from book 1, Act 3, because of I have to write the flashback that comes later, before the events that follow it.

Yeah, that confused me, too.

I seem to be writing a sequel to The Imposters, the SF novel that I put out last year. It's looking like a mixture of Blade Runner and a spy novel, with jokes. Or it might be a great big mess. It remains to be seen.

A short story about a woman trapped on an aquatic alien vessel. When she decides it's time to leave, she discovers she's not the only one onboard with plans to escape.

I'm at 48k on my Tower of Guard story. The great swampy middle, Mr Butcher, does sometimes have its islands of solid ground. I leap from one to the next with all the grace of a grounded manatee.

I got a few projects going at once. Writing a sequel to a science fiction space opera right now with a co-author; also, a Spy novel, and a thriller where a group of teens end up finding out that their camp counselor is insane.

When I sober up, I will be working on one of two things:

1) a new query letter, since I couldn't even get better than a form-letter rejection from an agent who I knew 35-ish years ago, or,

2) self-publishing my comic fantasy novels.

I have not yet decided which of these will happen.

Hi,

Finally finished "Bound". 171k of pulling my hair out nightmare! (The book just kept growing!) I finished off the book around Christmas and ever since then have been editing / revising etc. Even managed the blurb which is usually one of the hardest things for me to do. But came up with a great tag line right at the end - "Byson Darious: The Man, The Myth, The Unicorn!" I know - it probably doesn't make sense - but it made me smile!

Anyway now I'm busy lying around, recovering from my nervous breakdown, watching the idiot box and yelling at the cats - they seem to love jumping on my face!

Cheers, Greg.

The sequel to The Imposters - the working title is Broken Robots - continues. I've got two halves worked out in my mind, but tying them together is proving difficult.

Today I saw a clip from a recent TV show, which used a group of people running into view in a particular way. Annoyingly, this is exactly how the villains in the next fantasy novel appear at a dramatic moment. Of course, there's nothing new under the sun and so on, but it is irritating that someone else got there first!

I look up and it’s been years since I’ve posted anything. I’m currently in the editing mines of my novel that I’ve spent far too many years writing, but the end is in sight and it’s finally all coming together. Fingers crossed for calling this one done in 2023.

I've been working on the content for my website, a little writing page at Bloody Well Write. Yesterday I posted a new blog post, but today I am working on a new work of fiction and doing a little editing on an old piece to get it ready to post as part of the page's preliminary free content.

I've been working on the content for my website, a little writing page at Bloody Well Write. Yesterday I posted a new blog post, but today I am working on a new work of fiction and doing a little editing on an old piece to get it ready to post as part of the page's preliminary free content.
Welcome to Chronicles!

Chapter 1 of Nancy Goodaim, Space Ranger.
I've been on and off writing a story for two years. Despite good advice here (use Scrievener etc.) I've managed to lose chapters and chunks of stuff. I've started again from scratch four times -at one stage rewriting the story as an intergalactic cookery book with worked recipies preceding each chapter.
Am full sure my writing process means a third/ fourth draft edit of a finished story will never happen. So with that in mind I'm giving myself two hours to get it done. One on Tuesday evening to write ~2.5k words, and one on Wed evening to narrate them and do the internet codology involved in publishing ...so that Chapter 1 is done by the 9th and the ball is rolling;)

My WIP is YA/NA fantasy. It's still in baby stage until I can make up my mind on one of the two ideas. The other WIP is at its first draft stage and about 80% done but I'm having a burnout. Hope to be back on it soon. This one is an adult fantasy set in a female-dominated world, because... why not?