What are you working on right now?

But I bet they are excellent words, Phyrebrat. And 9k is pretty good.

I've managed 2000 words this morning. But the story is steadily progressing.

You overachievers... I got to around 90 words yesterday on my WiP, but I did plan out the scene. To be fair to me, though, this is my busy season for work, as I'm less than a month out from a golf tournament, actively working on two other fundraisers, doing preliminary work on a fourth, getting ready for grant season and annual reports... plus my usual outreach and getting ready for the insane month of January...so, I am probably typing 5,000 words a day, but it isn't fun writing.

Nooo, I've hit a bump in the road of doubt, and I was doing so well.
A bit of editing might well get me back on track again. It often does. Must write another scene today.

Interesting way to write there, having a strong inner editor within you...I don't have much of an editor in me at all, I just write what I want and tend to leave things hanging subpar.

Season two of Tooninoot is currently undergoing Publishing status on Amazon, dear friends. (By the way, a shameless plug here, if you guys want to find the first season up there, it is called A World Called Tooninoot, please check it out.)

Now, for *PROJECT: REDACTED*

Hi,

After my recent disaster with Roar I've moved on to a new WIP - a steampunk fantasy with a wizard on a motorbike. (Really that was the entire inspiration for the book - a single image in my head. Wizard racing on a steam powered motorbike at night, with a bronze staff tied on to his back, light shining from the end of the staff to illuminate the track / road. And naturally he's wearing a long duster coat and a wide brimmed hat! No robes for him! Oh - and his entire family is mad!!! And yes I know that doesn't sound like a lot - but I'm 34K in in a week!)

Oh and on the madness front, I've already had him talking to his aunt while she's sitting in a chair made of a willow that bent for her, drinking tea made from mushrooms and bark, with a rat on her shoulder and a sparrow making a nest out of her hair - loved that scene!

Cheers, Greg.

The wizard's name wouldn't be Radagast, would it, psychotick?

I have far too many projects that need work...but, right now, I really need to get more done on my character introduction story. The trouble is, where is a cutoff point for an introduction piece? :eek:

Hi Karn,

Radagast the Brown? I don't see the connection to my steampunk biker wizard. But if you mean his aunt is similar, maybe. Similar powers anyway save that she's more into plants and he's more about animals.

Cheers, Greg.

What? 99 pages? I've done that, but far too often does it descend terribly after a point...

Hmm...I wonder...
Well, Victor Hugo used 14 chapters to introduce the Bishop of Dinge in Les Miserables, and that book became a classic. Does that help?

I've started another short story after promising myself I would focus on the novel, over and over. This has to be the last one! Sometimes, though, you just get an idea that wants to force its way out.

Indeed, mistri, but also remember that everything can be put on a back burner. Best way to force an idea out is through highlights and then leave on if you feel you don't have the time and need to work on something more important.

Of course, that also leads to stalling on everything too, often for years at a time...I need to finish up a story I started back during my old time here...one I promised myself WOULD be finished because it came from a dream. It's not dead however and it won't be, but I need stuff I can put up on Amazon now. Perhaps if I put it up in Critique bit by bit...it's a bit massive though. :|

Need to open it up real quick too, it doesn't even have a title yet...

Ah, not as big as I first figured, but still a decent chunk at ~9300 words...hmm, should work on it again at some point...