Magic, Metal and Steam by Tickety Boo Press Ltd

It's interesting. None of the four anthologies (I have or will submit to three of them) are in what I'd consider my usual genre (high fantasy or comedy-fantasy). I was mildly amused that I felt far less comfortable describing London and a drive down the M4 than I do writing about dragons and so forth.

Grumble, I can tell when an idea is lukewarm. I've shelved the awesome airship tales of daring do in favor of something else now. Although it can still be resurrected and may double sub if that's allowed.

Grumble, I can tell when an idea is lukewarm. I've shelved the awesome airship tales of daring do in favor of something else now. Although it can still be resurrected and may double sub if that's allowed.

Anything is possible, Ralph. I make the rules - LOL

:)

Okay, I have found my steam again (sigh, I know...) and am knee deep in steam cannons, piracy, voodoo, sea priests and the British Empire in the time of George I. It should make Pirates of the Carribean look like a Walt Disney movie! (I knowright, too much?)

To me that sounds awesome...

Would love to beta before you send it to the Compton crew.

It should make Pirates of the Carribean look like a Walt Disney movie!

(Here is where I would put the smilie if I used them.)

But honestly, on the face of it your idea seems wonderful. You've captured my attention, anyway. Of course it's a matter of keeping the inspiration going long enough to produce your very best writing, but there is plenty of time left for that.

To me that sounds awesome...

Would love to beta before you send it to the Compton crew.

thanks Ralphkern, I may take you up on that when I'm done, and thanks Teresa.
Hopefuly I wont disappoint... too badly :eek:

thanks Ralphkern, I may take you up on that when I'm done, and thanks Teresa.
Hopefuly I wont disappoint... too badly :eek:

Quellist, aim for the heavens but settle for just taking over the world! :)

Sounds great.

Good luck!

Just submitted something for this. It's a bit of a loose interpretation of the theme. Just hoping it isn't too loose.

Back