What did you blog about today?

Our weekly link storm / scrapbook of space news:​

An Ancient Solar System:

This week, off world: NASA is about to try moving an asteroid, the NRO launch what is (probably) and imaging satellite and loads more...

This week's scrapbook / link storm of news and events off planet:

An Ancient Solar System:

This week, off world: NASA's DART mission rips plumes of debris from an asteroid, SpaceX may launch a mission to service Hubble, and loads more...

A bit of a rant about characters, comparing The Rings of Power and House of the Dragon.

Let Me Like You: Writing Great Characters

I have to say that much as I appreciate you can't have everything, my attitude to character vs plot is very much "give me everything". I demand to have my cake and eat it.

I'd also like to float that maybe it's not an entirely useful dichotomy in spec fic? We have a third side of the triangle in terms of setting/atmosphere - if setting isn't effectively a character in its own right - that often trumps both. Also, we're neither LitFic with its traditional obsession on character, nor are we Thrillers where their tradition and advertising clout allows them to focus heavily on plot. Our tradition doesn't skew one way or the other, but seems to naturally include bits of both - our characters aren't only interesting for their own qualities, or for their place in the story, they're both.

Last edited:
Our weekly round-up / link storm / online scrapbook of space and space related news:

An Ancient Solar System:

This week, off world: SpaceX launches Crew-5 mission to the ISS, the Sun roars fire, asteroid Ryugu's watery past and loads more...

Also I did a guest post elsewhere