What did you blog about today?

Another narration of a 100 worder, this time 'Lying in state' from the Oct/ Nov challenge -think narrations send stories out to a new audience, got told at the weekend 'no offence but your stories are sh*t and nobody's gonna read them' ...they must've listened to a narration;)

Wish I knew. They just automatically appear for me.

Thanks - that made me think it was something on the wordpress end and, if this works it means that if you have an "excerpt" written for your post, it makes the box with the excerpt and, otherwise, not.

Last edited:
It's great that Moore leaves it open like that. There is the possibility that Rorschach's journal, coming off the crank pile, will be dismissed. But there are green shoots of hope scattered through the book, like Dan and Laurie's happy ending. I suppose it doesn't matter whether Rorschach's journal is believed or not, I suppose, because we already got the ending of Veidt's arc through the Tales of the Black Freighter story - the soul of the mad, damned sailor is claimed by the Black Freighter. Likewise, Adrian Veidt has let his soul be damned, and he knows it.

I missed this. I'll read it now. But I think it makes a great difference to Veidt whether he's damned for success or for failure.

Meanwhile

I did a guest post elsewhere on humour

Fair play @The Big Peat , don't know how you keep it all going -impressive stuff.
I did a guest post elsewhere on humour
I'm not sure if the taboo thing is true. I don't know from experience but all the comedians I met reckon there are most definitely taboos, and they constantly change. Seemingly some big name acts can push them a bit but for most they are to be avoided. Don't know if you heard of him but Dave McSavage pushes taboos -his shows often veer from the uncomfortable into the flat out hostile; John (who sometimes generously jumps into some of the daft skits I stick up here) has the scars to prove it!

Fair play @The Big Peat , don't know how you keep it all going -impressive stuff.

Habit by now. I keep thinking about tuning it down to focus on other things, but it's so automatic for me to do that just doesn't happen.

I'm not sure if the taboo thing is true. I don't know from experience but all the comedians I met reckon there are most definitely taboos, and they constantly change. Seemingly some big name acts can push them a bit but for most they are to be avoided. Don't know if you heard of him but Dave McSavage pushes taboos -his shows often veer from the uncomfortable into the flat out hostile; John (who sometimes generously jumps into some of the daft skits I stick up here) has the scars to prove it!

Ah, but there's a limit to how many friends a professional comedian can lose. I was thinking more in terms of things people say to be funny and the idea that anything you can think of, someone somewhere is making that joke.

Out of curiosity, did they say what things they reckoned were taboos?

is extremely personal.
That's very true, I saw John do two shows recently -he had this thing where he picked an audience member and did a bit of banter 'where are ya from?', 'Dublin', blah blah, night one the victim was in stitches laughing, night two the victim was visibly upset and spent the rest of the show ranting about it ...reminds me of watching the Spike Lee film 'Clockers' years back, one lad was crying laughing through the whole thing, we tried explaining that it was no comedy but he wasn't having it 'if that's not comedy then why is yer man always drinking milk and trying not to puke!'

.reminds me of watching the Spike Lee film 'Clockers' years back, one lad was crying laughing through the whole thing, we tried explaining that it was no comedy but he wasn't having it 'if that's not comedy then why is yer man always drinking milk and trying not to puke!'

Very good question.