What did you blog about today?

A local student filmmaker worked with me on a book trailer for Inish Carraig, and I blogged about the process here:

I was well impressed with that trailer, Jo. A short film, rather than a series of images, and it really got the essence of your book. Very well made.

Me and my books, which is a bit of a departure, hosted as a guest spot on the IndieSpotlight on BeforeWeGoBlog. Strictly speaking, I wrote this months ago which is just as well because I've barely done anything or been online for weeks due to pressure of life, work and the universe.:censored:

A local student filmmaker worked with me on a book trailer for Inish Carraig, and I blogged about the process here:

That is a very polished product given, especially given the resources. Well tense.

That is rather cool.

Me and my books, which is a bit of a departure, hosted as a guest spot on the IndieSpotlight on BeforeWeGoBlog. Strictly speaking, I wrote this months ago which is just as well because I've barely done anything or been online for weeks due to pressure of life, work and the universe.:censored:

Nice little insight there - I love to hear about all those daft inspirations like Demonica rather than Monica.

As for me - I'm rather annoyed and therefore have a double instalment -

What Writers Are

Five Surrenders of Power

It's like waiting for a bus this week. Another guest blog piece I wrote a while back has just come out, this time on The Protagonist Speaks which is more strictly an "interview" of the main character from my books.

(Mods - if this is the wrong place for it, please move it along to somewhere more appropriate.)

@Jo Zebedee Marketability and "niche" appeal are tough, especially as what's niche now may well be the hot trend tomorrow. And I totally agree with you about the mediocrity of many heavily publicized, big publishing-house books. I've read several recently which surprised me with their low-quality. Often, these are by established authors, and it seems publishers are happy to put out anything by a recognized name in the assumption it will sell. Major reviewers (New York Times, in particular) regularly jump on the bandwagon, praising to no end books which I find hard to finish. (I'm thinking of Gaiman's recent take on Norse myth--utterly lacking in drama==and Stephen Fry's Mythos--also lacking, though I can understand that some might like his style more than I do.)

An attempt to round-up the news, rumours, and things might be one or the other, WRT India's MIA Moon lander:

Recently posted about my three favourite fantasy worlds: Middle-earth, Osten Ard and Gormenghast. See post here.