What did you blog about today?

I reviewed Philip Matyszak's Ancient Rome on Five Denarii a Day:
Thaddeus the Sixth: Ancient Rome on Five Denarii a Day, by Philip Matyszak

Peat, just reading that and I think you omitted a bit by mistake: "Cox's hyper-masculinity is at times toxic but at the same time, he spends the majority of the series' arc"

Watched Scrubs, and liked it a lot, but not Brooklyn 99 (caught a snippet but that little bit didn't grab me).

Np, easy to miss stuff one's written oneself.

Our hens are starting to laying something fierce right now. Went from 1 or 2 a day over winter to nearly 10. It will be egg gifting season soon.

Oh yes... We've somehow maintained a 2-3 per day over the winter. When I wrote the blog it had gone up to 4-5 a day, and yesterday they laid 8. On past experience, the peak in a month or two could be a dozen and a half per day, which is an awful lot of omelettes.

How does a chicken lay half an egg?
Half eggs bottom right.
(OK, I really meant 1.5 dozen, but the baby eggs are fun.)
egg selection.JPG

Nice mix @Biskit . We have about 4 shades of brown and white, but all roughly the same size.

We buy quail eggs every so often because the kids love how small they are and the fun patterns. I guess those can be considered quarter eggs.

Nice mix @Biskit . We have about 4 shades of brown and white, but all roughly the same size.

We buy quail eggs every so often because the kids love how small they are and the fun patterns. I guess those can be considered quarter eggs.

We've seen even smaller eggs than those - it usually seems to be a hen just coming into lay, or sometimes an elderly hen.
As for colours, ours hens are a mongrel flock with some Araucuna genes in there so we also get blue/green, and we have one hen who lays a rich mauve/brown egg, and some White Leghorn that lay the really crisp white. Somewhere (can't find it now) we have a 'rainbow egg collection' photo.