What did you blog about today?

Blogged about my early thoughts on Kingdom Come Deliverance's realism: Thaddeus the Sixth: Kingdom Come Deliverance: early thoughts on realism versus micromanagement [PS4]

Mostly, it works well (sometimes very well) and is immersive. However, they really need to add an exit save.
About the 23GB patch, the trouble is most modern games won’t fit on a single PS4 disk and so after an initial download from the disk you then have to download the rest of the game hence the large day 1 ‘patch’. At least that’s my theory.

Vladd, I could accept some of that, but 23GB is a lot, and I've read (not tried it myself yet) the latest patch bumps it up to a total of 39GB.

I went to the SFWC 2018 this last weekend and am starting to go through all the talks and summarizing what I learned in my blog. If any of you are interested, here is my first entry about Perfecting Your Pitch. I have other entries about the conference, but those were brief summary things. Cheers!

In lieu of the old comic, two drawings. First is a map I'll likely include in a forthcoming book (Crown of Blood), second is of Vivi from FFIX: Thaddeus the Sixth: Two Drawings

Ellen Datlow posted the contents of her The Best Horror of the Year, Volume Ten. A reader specifically wanted me to include the contents of Best American SF&F so, as part of that, I began to expand an older post with the Datlow and it will eventually include BASFF and some others. Right now there's little linking and less collating in terms of the new addition, but there are some links and it's still a list of stories a great editor considers among the year's best.

Expanded Collated Contents of the Year's Bests (2017 Stories, Links)

I found the page title links in the black band across to be too small and too faint. Didn't spot them at first. Could do with a paler shade of grey.

I'd make the background a little lighter, otherwise looks good.

I am amused that Peter Zebedee's comment is awaiting moderation :p