What did you blog about today?

Agree on that, Toby. A writer can make snap decisions (I decided as I was writing that a character in Bane of Souls who was heading for a happy-ever-after could just be brutally murdered instead [the story is about a series of murders, so it does fit]), but isn't a slave to a muse whispering in their ear.

Jo, interesting, as I liked Abendau's Heir a lot. Might even be my favourite of the trilogy. Then again, I also like Best Served Cold less than almost all other Joe Abercrombie fans, so maybe my taste is as perverse as a nocturnal rendezvous with Corkwell.

Agree on that, Toby. A writer can make snap decisions (I decided as I was writing that a character in Bane of Souls who was heading for a happy-ever-after could just be brutally murdered instead [the story is about a series of murders, so it does fit]), but isn't a slave to a muse whispering in their ear.

Jo, interesting, as I liked Abendau's Heir a lot. Might even be my favourite of the trilogy. Then again, I also like Best Served Cold less than almost all other Joe Abercrombie fans, so maybe my taste is as perverse as a nocturnal rendezvous with Corkwell.

Are you saying no authors are slaves to the muses whispering in their ear, or no author has to be? The former seems a bit absolutist.

Reactions: Vaz
Ah, what fun.
Indeed, and perhaps one of my favourite aspects of pantsing is as you say:
This morning, the angels sang. Even louder than in my last blog. They told me who the bad guy was. And it wasn’t anyone that I’d expected.
When everything does fall into place and the twists aren't necessarily what you were expecting or would have guessed... that's the point where I instantly forget all the worries along the way as to whether everything would all fit into place.
Glad you've got there, Jo:)