What did you blog about today?

LOvely blog post, Biskit, and definitely had me 'ahh'-ing. :)

Strictly speaking, the ultimate in cute is having goslings. We don't do that anymore, and due to the way geese react you certainly don't hold one for the camera, unless you have paramedics standing by and a team of experienced trauma surgeons expecting your call.

Nice post, Jo. I'm lucky enough to have had both online support (from Chrons members and other writing friends) and local support, as we have a very active writing community around here. But obviously that didn't magically appear; I had to actually get out and go places to meet people (not so easy for a natural introvert like me). And now I run a bi-monthly writers meet-up at our local bookstore café, and we have a lovely bunch of people who attend, with new faces every time.

Good luck, Dzara.

So, when contemplating British politics, my mind naturally went to the 4th century BC, and how being predominantly powerful can ultimately lead to one's downfall: Thaddeus the Sixth: The Power Paradox

Nice post, Jo. I'm lucky enough to have had both online support (from Chrons members and other writing friends) and local support, as we have a very active writing community around here. But obviously that didn't magically appear; I had to actually get out and go places to meet people (not so easy for a natural introvert like me). And now I run a bi-monthly writers meet-up at our local bookstore café, and we have a lovely bunch of people who attend, with new faces every time.

That sounds really blissful...meeting people in person at a cafe. I am all alone out here, amidst the tumbleweeds and the footballers. And surrounded by very few people who even read, let alone read my genre. Even finding this group was such a tremendous inhale for me. Still hoping there might be a local group somewhere though, at some point.

@DZara - I noticed your blog post which mentions a "free list I found on the Internet [which] has a lot of old and broken links." Have you tried ralan.com? As far as I know, they're pretty up-to-date and have the markets divided by pay level with other more detailed information on each listing. I largely rely on them for the webzine list at my blog. They don't cover everything, though, since the market has to want to be listed by them. Still, if you haven't already seen it, it should be useful.

@DZara - I noticed your blog post which mentions a "free list I found on the Internet [which] has a lot of old and broken links." Have you tried ralan.com? As far as I know, they're pretty up-to-date and have the markets divided by pay level with other more detailed information on each listing. I largely rely on them for the webzine list at my blog. They don't cover everything, though, since the market has to want to be listed by them. Still, if you haven't already seen it, it should be useful.
Also the submissions grinder is useful

@DZara - it took me a long time to find any community locally and even now they're mostly non genre.