What did you blog about today?

Dan Jones

A little bit woor, a little bit waay!
Supporter

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
That's a great spot, but I don't think my story could be realistically described as noir. And that's before trying to squash a 24,000 story into a four-page comic. Great spot though, where did you find it?
Paul Caroll posted it up on the ISSFH discord site (would have posted that link, but I'm not really sure how discord works) -there was an artist there looking for a writer/ story, and I thought of the Gigantomachy ...was a long shot, unless ya did something like:

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
Posted a narration of 'Level Up', originally written for a compilation by a mental health charity, with a protagonist who went on to feature in a novel. Just got a rejection notice for the novel telling me that YA was a very competitive market, which would have been good advice if it was a YA story -it did me a bit of a favour as it let me know the writing is still way off the mark and audio is the way to go. Am combobulating the novel into a podcast so figure it'd be no harm to give one of the heads (Gerry 'gamer' McLoughlin) a go on the net first.

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
Uplanded Chapter 1 to Spotify
Something light for the weekend to counter the doom and gloom news cycle; nobody would have believed that in the last years of the twentieth century a vicious extraterrestrial invasion force would draw plans against humanity, or that they would be defeated by six crusties in a Ford Transit. But such is the way of the Universe... The Invasion

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
Uplanded Ch 2 of 'Hyb to Spotify -no better place than a 90's acid rave to slowly twist reality ...been scratching me head to figure why a new story doesn't work and I think it is because it moved too quick, some people are deadly at hitting you with everything right from the off @Jo Zebedee fires with both barrels on page 1 of her latest book, and it's deadly; but it's not something everyone can do.

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
Uplanded Ch 2 of 'Hyb to Spotify -no better place than a 90's acid rave to slowly twist reality ...been scratching me head to figure why a new story doesn't work and I think it is because it moved too quick, some people are deadly at hitting you with everything right from the off @Jo Zebedee fires with both barrels on page 1 of her latest book, and it's deadly; but it's not something everyone can do.
Thank you - that’s very kind. It’s also easy to hit too hard, too fast and not leave time for immersion. Funding the balance is tricky I find