What did you blog about today?

Juliana

Juliana Spink Mills. "No capes!"
Supporter
On the blog: a bit of introspection on why it might not be a bad thing to occasionally hit pause on creativity.

Beneath the Surface

thaddeus6th

Supporter
I'd never seen Blake's 7 before. As it happens, I was missing out.

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
A review of the recently released film Dune (2021) - Why I only want to go through this desert once.

I think I am in the minority judging how great this film is rated. :unsure:
Did you like the book though? I've bought it three times I reckon -most recently last January, and I just can't relate to the characters. It is definitely good stuff judging by the amount of people that like it, which is why I go back ..but sometimes a story is just not for everyone (if ya liked the book, forget what I've just written).

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
I posted the final two chapters of my modern/ancient Greek mythology adventure story The Gigantomachy Of Antonios Costas - @The Big Peat @Juliana I'll also sticky the whole novella to the top of the blog in the next day or two when I get a free ten minutes.
Fair play -I'm not sure what Noir means in reference to the link below, but it may be something of interest (if ya can smush a novella into their specifications):
Down Below: A Greek Myth Noir Anthology - Coming 2022 - Limit Break Comics

Bren G

Supporter
Did you like the book though? I've bought it three times I reckon -most recently last January, and I just can't relate to the characters. It is definitely good stuff judging by the amount of people that like it, which is why I go back ..but sometimes a story is just not for everyone (if ya liked the book, forget what I've just written).
My memory of the book was that I struggled through it and came out the end of it much like you would a marathon. Not terribly enjoyable but there's a sense of accomplishment and somewhat of a payoff from all that perseverance. I read it so long ago that maybe I should try again. But to me at least, I couldn't relate to the characters in the film either.

Bren G

Supporter
I agree with you. 5/10 for me. Despite not enjoying the opener, I'm glad there will be a sequel and hope it makes more sense.
I'm with you all the way. 5/10 is exactly what I was thinking. I suspect we will see the ratings start to drop once the pent up demand recedes a bit, but then again, what the heck do I know??

AnRoinnUltra

Supporter
My memory of the book was that I struggled through it and came out the end of it much like you would a marathon. Not terribly enjoyable but there's a sense of accomplishment and somewhat of a payoff from all that perseverance. I read it so long ago that maybe I should try again. But to me at least, I couldn't relate to the characters in the film either.
I haven't given up on it yet -reading my post back it seems daft to expect to relate to extraterrestrial shenanigans but I suppose that's the core of storytelling; gonna take a leaf from your book and persevere, again;)

Bren G

Supporter