What did you blog about today?

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
A local student filmmaker worked with me on a book trailer for Inish Carraig, and I blogged about the process here:

Abernovo

Supporter
I was well impressed with that trailer, Jo. A short film, rather than a series of images, and it really got the essence of your book. Very well made.

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Supporter
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
Me and my books, which is a bit of a departure, hosted as a guest spot on the IndieSpotlight on BeforeWeGoBlog. Strictly speaking, I wrote this months ago which is just as well because I've barely done anything or been online for weeks due to pressure of life, work and the universe.:censored:

Montero

A local student filmmaker worked with me on a book trailer for Inish Carraig, and I blogged about the process here:

That is a very polished product given, especially given the resources. Well tense.

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha

That is rather cool.

Me and my books, which is a bit of a departure, hosted as a guest spot on the IndieSpotlight on BeforeWeGoBlog. Strictly speaking, I wrote this months ago which is just as well because I've barely done anything or been online for weeks due to pressure of life, work and the universe.:censored:
Nice little insight there - I love to hear about all those daft inspirations like Demonica rather than Monica.

As for me - I'm rather annoyed and therefore have a double instalment -

What Writers Are

Five Surrenders of Power

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Supporter
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
It's like waiting for a bus this week. Another guest blog piece I wrote a while back has just come out, this time on The Protagonist Speaks which is more strictly an "interview" of the main character from my books.

(Mods - if this is the wrong place for it, please move it along to somewhere more appropriate.)

CTRandall

I have my very own plant pot!
Supporter
@Jo Zebedee Marketability and "niche" appeal are tough, especially as what's niche now may well be the hot trend tomorrow. And I totally agree with you about the mediocrity of many heavily publicized, big publishing-house books. I've read several recently which surprised me with their low-quality. Often, these are by established authors, and it seems publishers are happy to put out anything by a recognized name in the assumption it will sell. Major reviewers (New York Times, in particular) regularly jump on the bandwagon, praising to no end books which I find hard to finish. (I'm thinking of Gaiman's recent take on Norse myth--utterly lacking in drama==and Stephen Fry's Mythos--also lacking, though I can understand that some might like his style more than I do.)

Steve S

Recently posted about my three favourite fantasy worlds: Middle-earth, Osten Ard and Gormenghast. See post here.