What did you blog about today?

Stephen, that reminds me a bit of the book I'm reading now (it's post-Neanderthal but very much Stone Age), called After the Ice, covering 20,000 to 5,000 BC.

Basically, I'm combining my two hats here, management stuff and writing with my new golden rule about working and writing:

Earn as much as you can per hour; work as few hours as you need to.

I think the future for doing more of this is good.

Interesting, Jo.

Sometimes I consider Patreon as the idea of regular money, even if it's low (certainly to start with) is appealing given the time it takes to write and publish stuff. I really like the named character bonus ($10 level). Is that just for a single month, though, or a certain number of months at that tier, or if you are at that level when the call goes out for potential names?

Edited extra bit: something I heard suggested from the Patreon people is to ask your patrons the sort of bonuses they want. Might be a good way to get suggestions.

Interesting, Jo.

Sometimes I consider Patreon as the idea of regular money, even if it's low (certainly to start with) is appealing given the time it takes to write and publish stuff. I really like the named character bonus ($10 level). Is that just for a single month, though, or a certain number of months at that tier, or if you are at that level when the call goes out for potential names?

Edited extra bit: something I heard suggested from the Patreon people is to ask your patrons the sort of bonuses they want. Might be a good way to get suggestions.
I thought the named character would be a one off thing - I might need to make that clearer. :) it is something I will move to the higher tier if it gets popular and swamped - whilst honouring those who signed up at the middle tier of course

Once I get any patrons I will ask what they want, for sure. :)

It is a slow build I’m told and if nothing comes of it I won’t be worried :)

Ha, Peat, that reminds me of the Daily Mash (back when I read it) writing about Narnia's football team. They were all rubbish except for Aslan, who's a giant, magic, talking lion who is also Jesus.

Ha, Peat, that reminds me of the Daily Mash (back when I read it) writing about Narnia's football team. They were all rubbish except for Aslan, who's a giant, magic, talking lion who is also Jesus.

Narnia's just not really overflowing with athletic talent when you come down to it.