What did you blog about today?

thaddeus6th

I reviewed Philip Matyszak's Ancient Rome on Five Denarii a Day:
Thaddeus the Sixth: Ancient Rome on Five Denarii a Day, by Philip Matyszak

Peat, just reading that and I think you omitted a bit by mistake: "Cox's hyper-masculinity is at times toxic but at the same time, he spends the majority of the series' arc"

Watched Scrubs, and liked it a lot, but not Brooklyn 99 (caught a snippet but that little bit didn't grab me).

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
Our hens are starting to laying something fierce right now. Went from 1 or 2 a day over winter to nearly 10. It will be egg gifting season soon.
Oh yes... We've somehow maintained a 2-3 per day over the winter. When I wrote the blog it had gone up to 4-5 a day, and yesterday they laid 8. On past experience, the peak in a month or two could be a dozen and a half per day, which is an awful lot of omelettes.

night_wrtr

Non-human Protagonist
Nice mix @Biskit . We have about 4 shades of brown and white, but all roughly the same size.

We buy quail eggs every so often because the kids love how small they are and the fun patterns. I guess those can be considered quarter eggs.

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
Nice mix @Biskit . We have about 4 shades of brown and white, but all roughly the same size.

We buy quail eggs every so often because the kids love how small they are and the fun patterns. I guess those can be considered quarter eggs.
We've seen even smaller eggs than those - it usually seems to be a hen just coming into lay, or sometimes an elderly hen.
As for colours, ours hens are a mongrel flock with some Araucuna genes in there so we also get blue/green, and we have one hen who lays a rich mauve/brown egg, and some White Leghorn that lay the really crisp white. Somewhere (can't find it now) we have a 'rainbow egg collection' photo.