What did you blog about today?

Today, I put up the first part of Dragon Age Delinquisition, telling the entirely true and factual account of how Thedas was saved by the world's most self-absorbed elf [I've written the first three parts so if you like it, please let me know and I'll write more]: Thaddeus the Sixth: Dragon Age: Delinquisition part 1: Sent to Spy

Yesterday, I rambled about Stargate: SG-1, which includes a concise yet compelling review of the original film in 10 words, and a picture with a moderately witty caption: The Wayfarer's Rest: The Stargate Franchise: SG-1

In which I review a book that explains why Loki gave birth to an eight-legged horse after being impregnated by a giant's horse in order to avoid losing a bet: The Wayfarer's Rest: Review: The Norse Myths, by Carolyne Larrington

Not a book on them I've come across before; I'm not gonna lie, part of me's intrigued to see what the myths look like through the lens of Patriarchy. The other part... not so much.

I think one of my favourite parts of Norse myth is just how much it seems to have the moral "It's okay to cheat and go back on your word if you get away with it".

Big Peat, in that case my review must be superb, as even the bit I didn't like that much is so intriguing it makes you want to read it ;)

And yeah, there's a very loose sense of morality. Thor's often presented in pop culture as being a friend of mankind, but when you read what he actually does, sometimes he comes across as a violent maniac.

Meanwhile, the world's most modest and indispensable elf continues her reign of self-absorption: Thaddeus the Sixth: Dragon Age Delinquisition part 2: Herald of Andraste, and Still Treated Like a Damned Servant

Big Peat, in that case my review must be superb, as even the bit I didn't like that much is so intriguing it makes you want to read it ;)

And yeah, there's a very loose sense of morality. Thor's often presented in pop culture as being a friend of mankind, but when you read what he actually does, sometimes he comes across as a violent maniac.

But a violent maniac in need is a friend indeed!

In which @The Big Peat destroyed my manuscript and is awesome for it. Also, why beta readers rock

On beta readers - Jo Zebedee

I'll be honest... when I typed that, I was totally expecting you to go "Ah, that's just him being grumpy, it works just fine" :LOL: Not once did I expect to tear it all up...

But I think that's one of the key parts of being a Beta - you say what's on your mind, whatever it may be, and see if it strikes a resonance with the writer. Tbh, right now, I'm probably learning more from seeing how you and the others are going about it than I'm contributing... well, up until now that is :p

I'll be honest... when I typed that, I was totally expecting you to go "Ah, that's just him being grumpy, it works just fine" :LOL: Not once did I expect to tear it all up...

But I think that's one of the key parts of being a Beta - you say what's on your mind, whatever it may be, and see if it strikes a resonance with the writer. Tbh, right now, I'm probably learning more from seeing how you and the others are going about it than I'm contributing... well, up until now that is :p
I learn as much from critiquing as I ever do from being critiqued! :)

"Yup, that's a corpse alright".

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Economists at the County Durham College of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fine Arts announced today that they have discovered a new species of dog. And it is living amongst us!

I feel like they've already been in contact with my household... :p

As for me, I spent the weekend at a writing retreat. So of course, I blogged about it – what else was I going to do with all those photos?! ;)

Poconos Retreat Part I