Messaging system issue?

Cathy M.

Determined one
The other day I sent a message and went about my day.
I then went back to find said message, as I was struggling to remember if I had given the correct dates on something, but found that according to my message box nothing had been sent or even marked as replied to.
I went back and resent the message with an apology just in case my previous message had actually gone through, and then curiously checked the sent folder.
Still nothing.
Thankfully the person was online and responded pretty quickly, so I know my messages have been going through.
Is this happening to anyone else? Or is this a human error on my part that can easily be fixed by un-checking something I accidentally clicked on?
Any thoughts?

Abernovo

Supporter
Hi Cathy

Not a mod, but I have two thoughts.
In 'Edit Options', which is listed on your 'User CP' there's a box to tick:
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
About half-way down the page. Just in case - User CP (control panel) is on the bar near the top of the page.

Alternatively, if you don't want to automatically save all your sent messages, you can click on a box when you're sending a message:
Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder.
It's just below the text box for your message.

If you're only writing a quick reply to a message, this box isn't there. You have to click on the 'Go Advanced' button, below the text box.

Hope that helps. It took me a while to work these things out. :)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
If you're using the PM system then I would expect everything to work fine. However, do take care you don't reply to email notifications of messages, as they get sent to me instead!

Cathy M.

Determined one
If you're using the PM system then I would expect everything to work fine. However, do take care you don't reply to email notifications of messages, as they get sent to me instead!
I have been using the PM system, and it is sending and receiving fine, just not showing any sent messages in the sent folder.
Today everything marked as opened and replied to, but yesterday everything was marked as unread.
I am going to go through my options and make sure I have not clicked on something like, Abernovo said.

Cathy M.

Determined one
Yup! I must have clicked on the wrong button while perusing the options.
Thank you both very much for your help :)