May you read a 1,000 books this month...

Try "To sail beyond the sunset...", there's a great rant against sodomy (no matter of the gender involved).

Personnaly I've finished "Agent of Terran Empire" and have read a short story collection by Jean-Claude Dunyach called "Le temps, en s'évaporant..."

Currently reading "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl, a slow start but I'll have to browse into my Divine Comedy to check some references and end re-read it. And re-reading "Space Inc...", an anthology edited by Julie Czerneda about what careers would be available in space.

Leto said:
Try "To sail beyond the sunset...", there's a great rant against sodomy (no matter of the gender involved).

Oh, I have to read this. :D Odd though, RAH gleefuly describes a threesome between two men and a woman in 'I Will Fear...'. Surely that would tend to include some of the above? Ah, these endlessly self-contradictory SF Grandmasters...

RAH gleefuly describes a threesome between two men and a woman in 'I Will Fear...'. Surely that would tend to include some of the above
The 'ends' justifying the means?

Don't dream, in "To sail..." the question was brought by a foursome between Maureen, her husband and a couple of friends.

Oh, I'm more interested in laughable RAH theorising than any possible prurient value the passages in question might have. RAH louses up all the naughty bits in his books with annoying cutesy baby-talk, anyway.

knivesout said:
Oh, I'm more interested in laughable RAH theorising than any possible prurient value the passages in question might have. RAH louses up all the naughty bits in his books with annoying cutesy baby-talk, anyway.
Which is from a psychiatric point of view very interesting ;)

knivesout said:
annoying cutesy baby-talk, anyway.

Gah, I once dated someone who did that, it actually made my skin crawl on one occasion.

Romance & pillow talk are essential but that....

It has it's place of course......when you're pre pubescent!

Some prefer this to thrash talk, some more evolved prefer ancient languages as Neanderthalian talk. What's the point with books already ?

Not genre stuff but I read this beautiful book called The Joke by Milan Kundera. Told ostensibly from a multi-character POV (I somehow see most of the other characters as being somewhat peripheral to the character of Ludvik), the book spins a very touching tale of emotions and rationale that people have at different times and how it drives them to do something which they believe is going to make its impact on the world or in their lives and it all ends up as big big joke on themselves. Also how we look at the past and history and what it means to us. I'm telling this rather clumsily but do read it because it's really a very touching experience that never stoops to cheap tear-jerking or bends backward trying to make its characters appealing.

I read, and liked this book, some years back. Sadly, I can't seem to remember much about the plot - must locate my copy.

Nearly done with I Will Fear No Evil. It's becoming quite a slog - Heinlein seriously needed a blue-penciller of Campbellian proportions on this one.

Considering the way you describe Heinlein's views about sexuality, I find it ironic that my mum used to rave about this book. I've only read a bit of his stuff, though.

Well, one thing's for certain - Heinlein's possibly the most divisive writer in sf. People seem to have exactly opposite perceptions of the very same work, when it comes to Heinlein.