Kingdom Come: Deliverance

1. Brian G Turner

Brian G Turner He's a very naughty boy! Staff Member

Dec 19, 2013
  2. Bugg

Bugg A Lerxst in Wonderland

Well, it's only a week away now! I'm quite excited about it but I'll probably wait a while before taking the plunge so I can see the reviews and see if there are any major issues they have to iron out.

It looks fab, though.

Feb 6, 2018
    Brian G Turner likes this.
  3. thaddeus6th

thaddeus6th Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered it a looong time ago, so the price I've got is lower than the current one (decided not to cancel because of that). I know some others are concerned the emphasis on realism will mean excessive micromanagement.

However, the strong take on historical accuracy is an intriguing one, and I'm looking forward to playing it. Did post this elsewhere, but I won a Bohemian silver denar (game's set in Bohemia 1403) because of following the PR around the game.
    Thaddeus the Sixth: A Denar Delivered

Feb 6, 2018
  4. Vladd67

Vladd67 Stake Holder

Can’t wait here also, I see it won best PC game at Gamescom 2017.

Feb 6, 2018
  5. Bugg

Bugg A Lerxst in Wonderland

So has anyone here played it yet? The reviews have put me off for now but hopefully they'll get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Feb 14, 2018
    Brian G Turner likes this.
  6. Vladd67

Vladd67 Stake Holder

Have started it, took me a few attempts to even escape at the start but perseverance paid off.

Feb 14, 2018
  7. thaddeus6th

Also started, and I'm past the intro part of the game.

Not finished writing my own realism spiel, but for the most part it's fine. Food is not a problem (easier than Fallout 4's because there's more nuance and fewer sharp debuffs), saving is trickier but I've decided power-napping in the middle of the day is the answer. I'm getting reasonably good at swordfighting (I kicked some poncy rich boy's arse just now) but I'm the worst archer in the world.

I have read of others having bugs. Fortunately, I haven't yet (PS4 edition, for those interested).

Feb 15, 2018
  8. Vladd67

Vladd67 Stake Holder

So @thaddeus6th you wouldn’t agree with the steam discussion that claims an easy way to make money is to gamble on the archery range?

Feb 15, 2018
  9. thaddeus6th

Maybe for some, but not for me. I was having a good time dicing, but the flukey sod I was playing against got some great rolls and I only finished evens.

I've also had my first bug. Had to speak to a guard, but the dialogue didn't kick off.

Feb 15, 2018