Crackpot theory: Tyrion parentage

Dunneroo

There are no men like me
I'm currently doing a re-read of the books and after reading the dialogue between Tyrion and the Red Viper in book 3, a thought occurred to me. We all know that incest is supposed to increase the chances of disfigured and monster like characteristics of offspring, so would it be crazy to think that Tyrion is the son of Cersei and Jaime? Here's some excerpts from the exchange between Tyrion when he meets Prince Oberyn.

"Cersei promised Elia to show you to us. The day before we were to sail, whilst my mother and your father were closeted together, she and Jaime took us down to your nursery. Your wet nurse tried to send us off, but your sister was having none of that. He's mine, she said, and you're just a milk cow, you cant tell me what to do. Be quiet or I'll have my father cut your tongue out. A cow doesnt need a tongue, only udders."

"Her Grace learned charm at an early age," said Tyrion, amused by the notion of his sister claiming him as hers. "She's never been in any rush to claim me since, the gods know."

If this is true, then Lady Joanna's death might have more truth to it then we know, possibly resulting from an argument with Lord Tywin regarding the Imp baby.

I'm not sure if this theory has been brought up before, but I do remember reading somewhere that Jaime said him and Cersei were caught messing around by Joanna's handmaid when they were younger....

There are also a few statements made by Lord Tywin hinting at how he had to claim Tyrion since he could not prove he was not his.

Although a fun idea to bat around, I think we can dismiss it based on the twins only being 8 years old when Tyrion was born.

That being said, the discussion of Tyrion's parentage is still wide open. I think the frontrunner for his father is the mad king.

Hear hear! My lord of Lannister.

Well, I also had that idea when I read a chapter regarding the Mad King taking liberties at the bedding of Joanna and Tywin. I think it was Barristan's chapter if I am not wrong. Mad King he was he could very well be the one who raped Lyanna.

Hear hear! My lord of Lannister.

Well, I also had that idea when I read a chapter regarding the Mad King taking liberties at the bedding of Joanna and Tywin. I think it was Barristan's chapter if I am not wrong. Mad King he was he could very well be the one who raped Lyanna.

I think this is more evidence that the Twins are the product of the mad king's rape. I personally think it would be more fitting, and a kind of poetic justice, if only Tyrion was Tywin's trueborn son.

Ever, I'm currently playing through A Game of Thrones (video game on Xbox) and I am halfway through Chapter Nine. SPOILERS!!!
There is a woman claiming to be the daughter of Aerys' lust. She says he raped her mother. She has silver hair.
By the way, the maester of Castlewood, Maester Martin, is almost worth the price of the game... on the discount rack of course. You can see him on youtube.

Anyway... GRRM put his stamp on the game, especially the part concerning Aerys... so I think it unlikely that Aerys' rape of Rhaella, just before she left for Dragonstone, was his first.