David Weber orders a pizza...

ROFLMAO
Funny but kind of sad... I didn't mind infodumps in the earlier novels but they seemed to be far more on target. The worst thing in the latest novels is not technical infodumps but lengthy discussions of some (usually not interesting) characters' plans or reactions to recent events where a brief summary would suffice.

That was just nasty. Funny, but nasty. Weber doesn't write like that ..... much .... more than hm necessary.

Your right Parsons, I think he would far more go into the percentages of tomato sauce versus dough base. :p

weber does do the psychosocial commentary thing... usually to set up a plot situation though.

I enjoyed this read but was disappointed. It was not nearly as long as it could be or for that matter as long as it should be.

It's evident that the only way that a satire of David Weber's writing style could possibly be effected is if someone could clone him and force the clone to write it. On the other hand you could just suggest someone read Flag in Exile which seems to be a rambling 400 page book that serves the purpose of saying 'uneasy lies the head that wears a crown'.

Admittedly there is a little more to it than that but I only reread it because I like the character of Honor Harrington as we see her from her admirers POV.