Merlin Season 5.

Beaviz81

C. Dickens-inspired.
Is it me or did everything happen too fast in season 5 in Merlin?

The thing with Mordred seemed forced and too fast, I mean he went from being amongst the most loyal of the Knights of Camelot to arch-traitor as fast as possible.

I also thought Arthur could have been kinder to Merlin during that season. Merlin had been his squire for the past five years. Instead he was as rude and abusive as ever.

Also I was left wondering about the conclusion. Did Gwen eventually allow sorcery in the kingdom?

It was a bit to fast for me too. It was like they were eager to end it.

In a way, this is normal. If my memory doesn't fail me, we were supposed to have only season 1 and we had instead 5. Not bad after all.

I don't think Gwen ever allow it. Remember that even Arthur had a shock when he found out and he died shortly after.

What did you like or didn't like in season 5 ?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm a noobie, and I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Merlin ended too fast. I feel he could have went on without Arthur. The show was called Merlin after all, not Arthur. :(
I would have loved to see him get old and be a funny old man. He was really great when he took the aging potion. :LOL:

it wasn't the way it should have ended....
Is it me or did everything happen too fast in season 5 in Merlin?

The thing with Mordred seemed forced and too fast, I mean he went from being amongst the most loyal of the Knights of Camelot to arch-traitor as fast as possible.

I also thought Arthur could have been kinder to Merlin during that season. Merlin had been his squire for the past five years. Instead he was as rude and abusive as ever.

Also I was left wondering about the conclusion. Did Gwen eventually allow sorcery in the kingdom?

It was a bit to fast for me too. It was like they were eager to end it.

In a way, this is normal. If my memory doesn't fail me, we were supposed to have only season 1 and we had instead 5. Not bad after all.

I don't think Gwen ever allow it. Remember that even Arthur had a shock when he found out and he died shortly after.

What did you like or didn't like in season 5 ?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm a noobie, and I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Merlin ended too fast. I feel he could have went on without Arthur. The show was called Merlin after all, not Arthur. :(
I would have loved to see him get old and be a funny old man. He was really great when he took the aging potion. :LOL:

There are no signs that the producers will change their decision, no matter the phenomenal international success, selling to over 50 broadcasters in 183 countries. Unless a miracle will happen, we should be happy only with 5 seasons.

There are no signs that the producers will change their decision, no matter the phenomenal international success, selling to over 50 broadcasters in 183 countries. Unless a miracle will happen, we should be happy only with 5 seasons.

you are right better to have what we have than what we wish we could have.

Oooh. I'm still discovering new sub-forums after nearly 3 years as a member.

I also thought certain threads happened too fast in the final series of Merlin. Overall though, it had a great run, and the ending (which I remember being quite controversial) was very fitting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jo Zebedee Book Search 10
Lafayette History 9
ctg Merlin 33
Dave Merlin 40
ctg Merlin 20