Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Yeah, I didn't enjoy the first movie at all.

It looks like a mix of The Avengers. The first film wasnt bad, the director just wasnt right it. I am not a real fan of joe Johnston until he can make less clunky old fashioned movie.

I have read the Captain America comics of the last 5,6 years and it is alot about modern spy action thriller story with alot of Winter Soldier, Black Widow being Russian assassins.

This film is more like how a Cap America film should look like because its similar to the actual comics. Cap dealing with SHIELD using him as a modern weapon against US enemies, gray issues of terrorist, spies when Cap is used to the black and white war in WWII. Kill the enemies of the allies like Nazis.

Hmm, I really enjoyed the first one, and it seemed universally well received so I did not think much more of it.

Speaking as someone who has been a long term comic fan and has read Captain America for the last 25 years I thought that they caught the origin perfectly. The way they made Chris Evans look so skinny and weak, and then had him transform into Cap was a masterpiece.

For me this was the first time that Marvel began to bring all the bits together that was laying the groundwork for the Avengers.

The trailer for the Winter Soldier is superb, whether the original was a movie that was liked or not, it looks better. There is a sequence in the trailer (with the SHIELD craft) that looks out of this world.

My only complaint so far is using the Winter Soldier so soon. I would have liked a movie or two with the legacy of Bucky as an emotional heart of the films (perhaps with references to a Russian super assassin in the background) before the Winter Soldier appeared.

Hmm, I really enjoyed the first one, and it seemed universally well received so I did not think much more of it.

Speaking as someone who has been a long term comic fan and has read Captain America for the last 25 years I thought that they caught the origin perfectly. The way they made Chris Evans look so skinny and weak, and then had him transform into Cap was a masterpiece.

For me this was the first time that Marvel began to bring all the bits together that was laying the groundwork for the Avengers.

The trailer for the Winter Soldier is superb, whether the original was a movie that was liked or not, it looks better. There is a sequence in the trailer (with the SHIELD craft) that looks out of this world.

My only complaint so far is using the Winter Soldier so soon. I would have liked a movie or two with the legacy of Bucky as an emotional heart of the films (perhaps with references to a Russian super assassin in the background) before the Winter Soldier appeared.

I liked the first film too, Evans was really good choice as Steve and i really only needed more action scenes with Cap kicking ass. Like the trailer for new film is showing.

I agree with your complaint, it could have used a film or two to build up the legacy of the Bucky, references to Russian super assasin. Thats the time in Brubaker run of Cap comics that i have became a fan of Captain America comics. Because they build up well the legacy of Bucky, his return, Winter Soldier. One of the finest runs i have read in superhero comics in recent years.

Ed Brubaker's run on Cap was superb, probably my favourite in all the time I have been reading it and the only comic that came close was Daredevil.

Since they launched this movie Marvel universe with Iron Man I don't think that Marvel have done much wrong. The weakest thing so far would have to be Agents of SHIELD and that is not bad, just not as good as it could be. Yet.

But the new Cap movie, yeah, it looks spectacular.

I really didn't like the first film - just seemed like a really weak script and poor delivery overall.

So expectations were low for Captain America: Winter Soldier. BUT, by crikey, I did enjoy it.

The script had terrific action beats, music was strong, there was character, and production standards were the highest.

There were only a few places where the CGI was obvious, and for the early traffic sequence with Nick Fury, I actually thought there weren't any - until at the climax I realised I just couldn't tell the difference between real props and computer effects.

This is a really well put together film. There's stuff that predictable, and things we see too much of from Hollywood. But it's really well put together.

Captain America: Winter Soldier is effectively a strong epilogue to Avengers Assemble.

I loved both films and I can't wait for the 3rd movie .:)

I watched this pretty recently and was quite impressed. I didn't think much of The First Avenger and always thought that Captain America was a little too goodie two shoes to be interesting. Outside of GOTG, this may even be my favourite MCU movies to date.

The interconnectedness of the MCU really showed in this movie and i've got to take my hat off to Disney for attempting such a large movie feat.

I don't think so. They made a big deal about Jarvis (driving Howard Stark) was the first character who was cast first in a marvel TV show then showed up in the movies.

Endgame was great but Winter Soldier is still my special favorite.

I like The First Avenger more than others here. I like the world war II setting, and the character is likeable enough.
But Winter Soldier is where Cap really comes into his own.

I just watched the second film about Captain America. I am a big fan of marvel but one that hasn't seen that many of the film's, I personally really like this film (Winter Soldier) yet I preferred the previous film (First Avenger) as it explained a lot of things which I was wondering about.

We just let Mini MT#1 watch this for the first time last night - she was so angry at the whole brainwashing bit, it was hillarious :D

Coincidentally I watched it for the first time the day before yesterday. I prefer the first one, if each are just considered alone.
But obviously in the bigger run of all the films, this one fits in very well whereas the first one doesn’t.
I just happen to prefer things not fitting in.