B5 Books

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
IBrian posted about the "B5 at 20" Book and I thought i'd post about the B5 Books site. There isn't much interest in B5 anymore so it's nice to see books relating to my favourite SF brand. :)

I have ordered the B5 at 20 and I've also been ordering their series of Echoes of Our Conversations. There are quite a few books on the site including a series of Asked and Answered in which series creator J. M. Straczynski answers over 5, 000 fan questions. Anyway, the site's worth a look to those who also love B5.

On a side note, the TV channel Watch will be showing B5 on weekdays at 5pm.

Cheers for the heads up! The B5 at 20 book does look beautiful - just a shame the Answer books are so expensive - I don't think exclusive pricing on text-only is going to do B5 any favours here.

Agreed. I ordered the B5 at 20 and i'll let you know what it's like. As for the others, I have just been getting them one book per month as don't see much on B5 these days.

As a side note, I received an email from them regarding the Watch repeats. They said that JMS is trying to raise interest in B5 in order to get a new series off the ground. (Below is the section relating to that.)

"The deal between UKTV and WB comes after an extensive fan campaign to see Babylon 5 return to television, which was started by series creator J. Michael Straczynski with a view to renewing interest in the series and potentially producing new B5 projects, was launched in September. That campaign, dubbed Free Babylon 5, has amassed a group of devoted fans who have sent 4,139 Tweets using the hashtag #FreeBabylon5 and 2,780 have liked the dedicated Facebook page. They've even handed out bespoke merchandise at events and held auctions to fund their mission."

B5 at 20 came yesterday. Totally worth the money.

I'm in the process of buying Babylon 5: The Complete Scripts on layaway.

It's a 20 book collection with loads of extra goodies.

I just took delivery of some books from B5books.com including Asked And Answered volumes 1 to 5, Crusade: Other Voices volumes 1 and 2, Crusade: What The Hell Happened and Crusade: Behinds the Scenes. That's me all up to date from B5 books.

Quite a nice little B5 Library now. :)

Attachments

• Crusade Behind The Scenes.jpg
    Crusade Behind The Scenes.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 381
  • Crusade Other Voices Volume 2.jpg
    Crusade Other Voices Volume 2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 380
  • Crusade What The Hell Happened.jpg
    Crusade What The Hell Happened.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 354
I bought three B5 novels today actually. I had one of them already but no matter. If anyone is looking for a copy of Dark Genesis, let me know.

I do want to go back and collect the B5 novels. Where's the best place to get them?

I've got quite a few of the novels and they do a good job of filling in gaps or expanding the story. The 'what happened to Anna Sheriden' one is very good, and there are ones covering the telepath war and the fate of Centauri Prime

Ouch at $80 shipping though! Might opt for the multimedia version, even if the hardbacks do look lovely

It's going to be a big book, so i don't begrudge the $80.

I saw the recent post from B5 books about the 1yr anniversary of us losing Jerry.

To think that Jerry was about to move and get back into acting again only weeks before his death. Would have been so great to see him pop up on various tv shows again. :(

Opps sorry, I misread the article. Was caught up in the emotions of it all I guess. I was actually the 1yr anniversary of Jerry filming the B5 books outtakes only a few months before his passing.

By copy of the encyclopaedia arrived this morning.

It’s a nice looking book and I’ll look forward to giving it a thorough overlook this weekend.

Bumping this because it's always good to come back to the B5 universe.

I just received the Crusade Encyclopaedia this morning. A nice, if a little thin book. (I'm not sure what I was expecting as it was only one series)

Each entry has a black and white photo and the glossy black cover is now covered in fingerprints already. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I've been getting emails from them lately about that Crusade book, sounded interesting!

Back