Terminator 5 movie won?t reunite original cast

SFF Chronicles News

6th May 2011 06:13 PM

Darren Allan

Terminator-Arnie.jpg

Earlier this week we reported on the rumour that Justin Lin (The Fast and the Furious), the Director of the next Terminator movie, was planning on bringing the original cast back for the fifth flick.

Not just Arnie, but Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn. Yes, it seemed improbable, and it turns out it was.

Lin has come out and told MTV: “No. I don’t know where that came from. Everything has just been between me and Arnold.”

“I have certain elements, but it’s never been about, ‘Hey, let’s bring everybody back!’ I just don’t process that way.”

He also added that he’d like to move back to the tone of the first two movies and continue that timeline, as we (and many others) had hoped.

Other whispers on the net have doubted that Arnie himself will actually be involved in this one. He’s just been signed up to do a new film called “Cry Macho”. A horsey themed drama, where he’ll play the front end of the horse. Okay, he’ll play an alcoholic horse trainer.

Terminator it isn’t, but that doesn’t mean he might not be able to do T5 afterwards…