Ask me a question!

Stephen Palmer

author of books
Supporter
Hi everyone,

I'm soon going to be making a short film (basically, me being interviewed) about my forthcoming novel from Infinity Plus, Hairy London. If you'd like to ask me a question for this, based on the back-cover blurb below, or if you'd like to ask any other question, please do, and I'll do my best to get it used.

Enjoy! :D

Steve...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

STEPHEN PALMER: HAIRY LONDON

What is love?

One evening at the Suicide Club three gentlemen discuss this age-old question – and thus a wager is made. Dissolute fop Sheremy Pantomile, veteran philosopher Kornukope Wetherbee and down-on-his-luck Velvene Orchardtide all bet their fortunes on finding the answer amidst the dark alleys of a phantasmagorical Edwardian London.

But then, overnight, London Town is covered in hair. How the trio of adventurers cope with this unusual plague, and what conclusions they come to regarding love is the subject of this surreal, surprising and fast-paced novel.

And the East End threatens revolution…

Where the hell did you get the idea from? It sounds like fun read.:)

If your answer involves the use of copious amounts of fally-down water then I'll forgive you LOL

I will be buying it, though!

Best of luck!

How can East End threaten the revolution? if it has been seen traditionally as one of the worst parts of London and therefore, on of the brink of something radical happening.

What is the book's theme, Stephen?

Also, why hair?

Also, is it a standalone cos it sounds like my kinda thing but I don't like trilogies.

is the suicide club based upon the hellfire club?

if london is covered in hair has the already astronomical price for a haircut jumped to new heights?

is the revolution being fought by crack commando outfits of mercenary barbers?

is the musical hair being held accountable and all performances suspended whereby a legion of activist theatre goers are running amok in the park with nude protest marches?

have all the bobbies been equipped with emergency underpants and sent out on sans pantie raids to cover the areas of concern?

What sources did you use to research Edwardian London?

Do you think there's a close connection between love and hair?

How does this relate to your earlier works, and what would you say if you were asked 'what is love'?

Sounds intriguing, Stephen. When's the novel (and the short film) coming out?

These are all great questions, thanks guys!

The film (which will be on YouTube) should be ready for November. As with all the previous films I've made it'll be around 10-15 minutes.

The novel is due for December. I'm just about finished on the front cover, which I'm really thrilled with. I expect that'll be made public next month.

I've also just heard that Xana-La, the story that inspired the novel and which appeared in last year's Eibonvale anthology Where Are We Going? will be appended to the back of the book.

Head hair or body hair?

And why is love a second hand emotion?

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?