List your favourite game for each console

Remedy

Eat, Sleep, Write, Repeat
Hi all, I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's lists.

You can only pick one game for each console you have owned / played.

Tell us your favourites, I'll kick it off:

ZX Spectrum: Atic Atac

Sega Master System: Sonic The Hedgehog

Sega Mega Drive: Golden Axe

Nintendo Game Boy: Pokémon Red

Playstation: Metal Gear Solid

Nintendo 64: GoldenEye 007

Playstation 2: Final Fantasy X

PC / Windows: Deus Ex

Nintendo Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Xbox: Halo

Xbox 360: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

This was a harder exercise than I thought it would be. It is really difficult to pick just one on some of the consoles. :)

Add your obscure, failed and limited edition consoles too. :)

Ooh, OK, I'll give this ago. Try and remember all the consoles I've had and the games on them...

Spectrum: O, Mummy!

Sega Mega Drive: Hmm, I'd day Golden Axe -- oh, heh, just saw that you've said the same, Remedy. I was torn between that and Streetfighter, but the ability to ride firebreathing dragons swung it.

Game Boy: Pokemon Red

Game Boy Advance: Pokemon Crystal

Nintendo DS: Argh, this is a hard choice. I liked Pokemon Platinum, but then White had some awesome changes in scenery...but just because it was very different to the usual Pokemon plot, I'll say Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Nintendo 64: ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME!!! Still my all time favourite game. I've completed it about 63 times and that's not even an exaggeration.

Xbox 360: Erk. Well I love my free-to-roam games, so I just love Skyrim and Minecraft. But then I do so love Halo: Reach...I think if I had to pick just one, it would be Skyrim.

Quick addition -- played on the Wii a few times (and have always coveted one) and my favourite game for that, without a doubt, is Super Smash Brothers.

Last edited:
You can't beat a bit of Golden Axe right Hoopy! I was torn between that and Streets of Rage - did you ever play that?

Battling your way through punk baddies and then squatting down on a roast chicken to refill your health...

I missed out on the whole 'Link and Zelda' saga, never played any of them!

Damn, that's what I meant, Streets of Rage! Don't know why I had Streetfighter in mind (though that was fun, too). Yeah, Streets of Rage was awesome! Smacking people with pipes and massive muscle dudes who steamroll you. Brilliant stuff.

And ah, you missed out with the Zeldas! Ocarina of Time is just the BEST.

Hey Anyakimlin - good choice with Sim City for PC, I almost chose Theme Hospital - I must have spent days playing that game!
I never tried Suikoden - was that like Final Fantasy?

Hard to say I hated Final Fantasy VII and didn't play after that -- it was so boring that I didn't feel the series was worth a second look. Breeding Choccobos (sp??) was the most interesting part.

Suikoden is an RPG and I loved the stories, characters and the bit about building up and decorating the base, collecting the other characters and forming the army. I actually bought the PS2 to play V and never found another game on the platform I enjoyed.

ZX Spectrum: Halls of the Things
Megadrive: Ecco the Dolphin
PS1: Tekken
360: PES 2012
PS2: Tekken 4
PS4: GTA V (only find it moderately entertaining, I use the PS4 for movies rather than gaming)
Atari ST: Bloodwych
Amiga: Lords of chaos
American SNES: Mario kart
Nintendo 64: King Arthur's World
PC: Counterstrike

Atari and PC were really difficult, I could've listed a top 10 pretty easily on each. Some of the others it's hard to recall what games I had or played, so I've just had to list the best memory could conjure!

Sega Master System: Alex Kidd

Sega Mega Drive: Mortal Kombat (or Golden Axe)

Gameboy: Pokemon Yellow

Playstation: Final Fantasy VIII

Playstation 2: Mortal Kombat Deception

DS:
Pokemon Soul Silver (i only play pokemon on handhelds...)

Playstation 3
: Last of Us (atm - but for old time's sake: Mortal Kombat - the new non-numbered one)

PC: Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (to this day, i've still put more hours into this game released in 1996 than any game i've played since... saving possibly only Baldur's Gate 2)

i collect harvest moon titles.. then i buy the consoles for the games.
i have tonnes of other games, but i always go back to the farm.
it drives my minimalist friend bug eyed crazy for me to have all those consoles. :D
(and that i name the farm's cows after his former girlfriends)

Blooming ell your asking a big question ere...ok best shot

Atari 7200: Asteroids
Speccy: yi arr kung fu
Master system: Alex the Kidd in miracle world
Mega drive_: golden axe
SNES: pilotwings
Gameboy: links awakening
PS1: final fantasy 7
N64: GoldenEye
Ps2: summoner
Xbox: morrowind
Game cube: rouge squadron
PC: civ 4
Xbox 360: mass effect
Ps3: bleach soul ressurection
Wii u: ac4 black flag
3ds: bravely default

On PSP and GBA I didn't like the systems or the games I had

Ps2: summoner

No flipping way!!! When I saw the thread title I started thinking what my choices might be, and to my surprise I realised that no PS2 title ever captured the magic of that early game with its terrible, terrible draw distance and brilliant twisty story. I thought it unlikely anyone else would even have heard of it, yet I click on "new post" and there it was! Colour me excited. Can we start a fan club?

My other choices:

Dreamcast: Metropolis Street Racer
PS1: Tomb Raider (FF7, Wipeout and Gran Turismo close behind)

I loved Summoner but sure I played that on the PC.

Oh the Amiga - there was a game collecting trolls which I loved. And on the Wii I am sold on Wii Fit which surprised me.

I loved Summoner but sure I played that on the PC.

That might have been better in terms of processing power. I remember on PS2 thinking I must be close to a city, only to take a couple more steps and find it ten feet in front of me.

I also remember that in the cut-scenes, the characters' armour upgraded itself throughout the game, but frustratingly, it tended to be better than anything I'd got by that stage, making me think I'd missed something.

One thing I don't remember, which is a bit embarrassing, is what the massive and gasp-inducing twist halfway through actually was.

I don't remember it clearly enough it was a long time ago. Children and writing have rather replaced game playing in the past decade. But I'm pretty sure I played it before we got the PS2.

Suikoden remains my favourite RPG. Just wish I'd kept the original game as it is now worth four times what I paid for it. Stupidly swapped it for Final Fantasy VII which bored me stupid. I've been playing RPGs since Bored of the Rings on the 48K Spectrum.

"Would you like to jump off the cliff?"

"Yes"

"Now you are dead would you like me to resurrect you?"

"Yes,"

on "new post" and there it was! Colour me excited. Can we start a fan club?

Hell yeah! Its the game which sticks in my mind the most from that gen & I would love a remake

Gameboy: Gotta agree with Hoops on the Pokemon Red.

Mega Drive: Yeah, Golden Axe was brill.

Saturn: Probably Guardian Heroes.

Dreamcast: Rush

XBox: Fable. (Though I also love all the TMNT games for the 2-player stuff, lots of hilarity with my bro). Dead or Alive and The Bard's Tale also.

Commodore 64: The Bard's Tale

Arcade Games: New Zealand Story

Amiga 500: Sid Meier's Pirates!

Super Nintendo: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Playstation: Final Fantasy VII

Playstation II: GTA San Andreas

First PC: Football Manager something

Second PC: Medieval Total War

Third PC: Fallout 3

iPad: Baldur's Gate (also on first PC)

Sorry about cheating with the PC thing ;)

Atari VCS: Sky Diver -- my daughter can't get enough of it.
Intellivision: Utopia -- the first sim game and Dreadnaught Factor (sorry -- had to pick two)
Atari 8-bit: M.U.L.E.
Amiga: Pirates, yes!
NES: Super Robot Wars 4
SNES: Starfox
Sega Saturn: Tokimeki Memorial
PSX: Card Captor Sakura Tetris (Super Robot Wars Alpha a close second)
Dreamcast: Space Channel 5
PS2: I guess Tokimemo Girl's Side?
X-Box 360: Rock Band 2
Wii: Super Smash Brothers