"Fool's Assassin" - Book 1 of 'The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy', hopefully coming 2014!

Lenny

Press "X" to admire hat
Robin Hobb's assistant, who goes by "Office Kat", posted a video earlier teasing a new book from Hobb:

It's a series that Hobb has been writing in her spare time for nearly two years, the first book is with the publishers, and they're hoping for a 2014 release. Through a series of text messages Hobb reveals that she has "been seeing someone again", a folder with "Fitz + the Fool timeline" on the back is seen in the video, and Office Kat says: "You've got to be kidding me. I thought we were done with these guys".

What could it be, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Moments ago, Office Kat posted a second video, confirming the new trilogy, and giving us a nice long shot of the front page of the manuscript:

2YpLEY3.jpg

Aww yeah!

I expect we'll hear more about it from Office Kat, and maybe even Hobb, over the coming days and weeks.

Re: "Fool's Assassin" - Book 1 of 'The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy', hopefully coming 2

Yup, just seen. Delighted with that news, the Six Duchies were always the most vivid locations and characters for me. Cant wait.

Re: "Fool's Assassin" - Book 1 of 'The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy', hopefully coming 2

I cannot wait. I think a full reread is in the works for the winter :)

Brilliant! - She had always said she was done with them. We all knew there could be more :D

I finished The Tawny Man trilogy last year, so its still fairly fresh.

I really liked both trilogies, so I suspect my already horrendous to-read list has just grown a little more.

Slightly surprised, though. The two trilogies seemed to wrap everything up.

This is great news, and I'm looking forward to reading it, whenever it comes out.:)

Small update: the planned release date is August 2014.

Well then Words of Radiance and now this are my two CANT WAIT for books of 2014

Nearly chocked on my crisps as I read the title - very excited :)

Also Robin Hobb is visiting the Waterstones in Nottingham on the 27th of October (which I will also add is one of the best book shops I've walked into in a long time - at least for current release books - MASSES of books!)

Interesting. The Farseer Trilogy and Tawny Man together are amongst of my favourite ever novels, so a new set of books in that world would be amazing.

But I can't help but wonder how this series would fit in. Fitz's story is done, isn't it? "Content" is how he described himself at the end of Fool's Fate. He's got Molly, he's got a family, he's finally at peace and whole. And the passage of time suggested in that epilogue made it feel very final.

Hobb tends to end things fairly final, the ending of the original Farseer Trilogy was fairly final sounding. I think she writes a story as it comes to her and each time she ends one she hasn't got the idea of the next story (remember that in the original Triology the Rainwalds is not described as acidic and is just a big river).

Fitz is getting older, though the Wit healing abilities might well be used to extend his life. The world around the pair though is in full flux of change so I think there is a lot to work with and still several big areas are unexplored in the story and ripe for explorable adventure.

Great news! I have a feeling this is going to be even better than The Farseer Trilogy and The Tawny Man Trilogy.

I just got emailed from Amazon telling me this was on presale with an August 2014 date!

Ya i honestly cant wait for it, i hope she releases the other two quickly after it. I dont want to wait a whole year in between all of them!

She always seems to have at least a year between them so I won't expect them any faster

Here is the blurb on amazon...oh yeah....

Nearly twenty years ago, Robin Hobb burst upon the fantasy scene with the first of her acclaimed Farseer novels, Assassin’s Apprentice, which introduced the characters of FitzChivalry Farseer and his uncanny friend the Fool. A watershed moment in modern fantasy, this novel—and those that followed—broke exciting new ground in a beloved genre. Together with George R. R. Martin, Robin Hobb helped pave the way for such talented new voices as Scott Lynch, Brandon Sanderson, and Naomi Novik.

Over the years, Hobb’s imagination has soared throughout the mythic lands of the Six Duchies in such bestselling series as the Liveship Traders Trilogy and the Rain Wilds Chronicles. But no matter how far she roamed, her heart always remained with Fitz. And now, at last, she has come home, with an astonishing new novel that opens a dark and gripping chapter in the Farseer saga.

FitzChivalry—royal ******* and former king’s assassin—has left his life of intrigue behind. As far as the rest of the world knows, FitzChivalry Farseer is dead and buried. Masquerading as Tom Badgerlock, Fitz is now married to his childhood sweetheart, Molly, and leading the quiet life of a country squire.

Though Fitz is haunted by the disappearance of the Fool, who did so much to shape Fitz into the man he has become, such private hurts are put aside in the business of daily life, at least until the appearance of menacing, pale-skinned strangers casts a sinister shadow over Fitz’s past . . . and his future.

Now, to protect his new life, the former assassin must once again take up his old one. . . .

Will have to get these. I've not read the Rain Wilds ones yet.

This has come around quickly! August 12th is the official release date (only six days), for both the US and UK (Australia too, or fairly soon after, I imagine, as there are Australian dates for the book tour in November).

And on the 12th, Hobb will be doing a signing at Forbidden Planet in London.