HH series evolution

Timba, in this you can speak for me. I just turned 63 (Dec. 5 --- Most be close on the birthday front) and I also really love the battle scenes. On the other hand, I used to watch every football game on T.V. with bated breath, now I often read a book while the game is on, if it's on at all.

People change, that's what we do.

Timba, in this you can speak for me. I just turned 63 (Dec. 5 --- Most be close on the birthday front) and I also really love the battle scenes. On the other hand, I used to watch every football game on T.V. with bated breath, now I often read a book while the game is on, if it's on at all.

People change, that's what we do.

Close indeed, mine is the infamous Nov 22.

I love your example of football watching, this is a change I have undergone also. I pay enough attention to the Vikings to know if they suck a lot or just a little but that is about it.

Close indeed, mine is the infamous Nov 22.

I love your example of football watching, this is a change I have undergone also. I pay enough attention to the Vikings to know if they suck a lot or just a little but that is about it.

:D:D I take it you've never wandered over to the sport sub-forum on this site. We have a continual conversation about the NFL and try to pick the winners. (I immodestly point out that I won last year and am a contender up to this past Sunday --- I did poorly not sure about the rest.) But the point is that the one football game I decidedly do watch with passion is the Viking game. --- I would guess you put this year's team in the "suck a lot" category, but the past few weeks have seen the rebirth of hope for next year and despair for getting the best quarterback in the draft because of the recent semi-surge.

:D:D I take it you've never wandered over to the sport sub-forum on this site. We have a continual conversation about the NFL and try to pick the winners. (I immodestly point out that I won last year and am a contender up to this past Sunday --- I did poorly not sure about the rest.) But the point is that the one football game I decidedly do watch with passion is the Viking game. --- I would guess you put this year's team in the "suck a lot" category, but the past few weeks have seen the rebirth of hope for next year and despair for getting the best quarterback in the draft because of the recent semi-surge.

Of course, that is how it always seems to work out. :)

Just found this interview with Weber that sheds some light on the question of killing off Honor. It also covers a lot of other info and is pretty interesting.

DAVID WEBER: A Man Of Honor | SciFi4Me.com

A note of warning for Parson, there is a mention of darkness in this interview, would not want you to be taken by surprise. :)

That was actually quite an interesting interview and pretty much fits with my understanding of events with regard to killing off HH. It is interesting that he highlights as one of the drawbacks exactly what I commented on in the opening post of this thread; that HH's level of seniority means "now I’m stuck with somebody who is way, way too senior to send on death rides anymore, the way that in earlier books I could do. So that’s a definite drawback."

I confess I still love the battles and action but then I also enjoy the political stuff. I'm just not sure the current balance is exactly what I'm looking for these days. Still love them but I'd like a little more action on the individual scale.

I confess I still love the battles and action but then I also enjoy the political stuff. I'm just not sure the current balance is exactly what I'm looking for these days. Still love them but I'd like a little more action on the individual scale.

I couldn't agree more! Still love them, but....

That was actually quite an interesting interview and pretty much fits with my understanding of events with regard to killing off HH. It is interesting that he highlights as one of the drawbacks exactly what I commented on in the opening post of this thread; that HH's level of seniority means "now I’m stuck with somebody who is way, way too senior to send on death rides anymore, the way that in earlier books I could do. So that’s a definite drawback."

I couldn't agree more! Still love them, but....

I remain convinced that we are witnessing a slow, multi book build up to some sort of really major action. I say with great confidence that there is a really major ass kicking coming which I, for one, am really looking forward to.

I remain convinced that we are witnessing a slow, multi book build up to some sort of really major action. I say with great confidence that there is a really major ass kicking coming which I, for one, am really looking forward to.

I hope you're right Timba and we won't have to read another several books of build-up to get to the climax... which will largely happen off-screen :rolleyes: