Stephen Palmer > Infinity Plus

Stephen Palmer

author of books
Supporter
I'm thrilled to say that all my novels will from the near future be available as ebooks from Infinity Plus: Memory Seed, Glass, Flowercrash, Muezzinland, Hallucinating, The Rat & The Serpent and Urbis Morpheos. The ebook edition of Memory Seed will have two short stories at the end set in the same world, stories published well over ten years ago.

Infinity Plus will also be publishing ebook and print editions of a new novel, Hairy London, which is a complete change of style from all my earlier works...

My thanks, as ever, to the indefatigable Keith Brooke. :D

Great news! I can thoroughly recommend three of these: Memory Seed, Glass, and Urbis Morpheos... and I'll doubtless be recommending Flowercrash too, when I get the chance to read my copy. :)

Terrific books, and I'm delighted they'll be available again to read.

Am pleased for you, Stephen.

You come across as an insightful, intelligent and humble writer and I for one, as I have a shiny new Kindle, will be getting some of these titles.

Keep it coming and don't forget to smile!

Congratulations, Stephen!

I've read Flowercrash, Memory Seed, Glass, and Urbis Morpheos, and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for something fascinating and out of the common way. Perhaps with their greater availability as e-books more Chrons people will be reading them, and we can get some discussions going here.

When can we look forward to the release of Hairy London? Do you want to tell us a little about it?

Gosh, an unexpected list of congrats... thanks one and all. :)

My "career," for want of a better word, as an author since 1996 has been marked with all the crushing disappointments, bad luck and setbacks that most authors suffer. This is not an easy game to be in. I got lucky in 1995 thanks to Tim Holman at Orbit; without him I'd be totally unknown. These days, I'm happy to say I'm merely unknown.

I've known Keith Brooke at Infinity Plus for a good few years, and he has always been very supportive of me. So I have him to thank for this latest boost to my "career." Keith is an outstanding author - I recommend his The Unlikely World Of Faraway Frankie, also all four of the Nick Gifford novels.

As some of you may know, I'm known for environmentally-themed works. A couple of years ago, while stewing in a vat of crushing disappointment, I wrote a short story for Allen Ashley's Eibonvale Press anthology Where Are We Going?, which I wrote swiftly, but which went well and which Allen accepted. It was one of the most enjoyable writing experiences I'd had for a while, probably because I wrote it almost stream-of-consciousness, and because it was lighter and more surreal than my usual stuff. At the time I knew there had to be at least a novel in the style and scenario, but I put off writing that novel because my career seemed to be going nowhere and I didn't think it was worth it.

Then I decided Hairy London had to be written. It was enormous fun, and hopefully that surreal sense of fun will come across in the novel. It does have a serious theme though - what is love? In a nutshell, three explorers in an alternate Edwardian London make a wager that one of them will be able to return to their club to declare to all the world what love is. Whether this trio of adventurers achieve their goal, and whether they discover why London is entirely covered in hair, is the narrative of the book.

So, like I said, very different... :eek:

Newly available as of today: ebooks from Infinity Plus of my debut Memory Seed, also Glass and Flowercrash.

memory-seed-ebook-cover.jpg

Memory Seed is a standalone novel, but Glass and Flowercrash thematically continue the scenario, on a different planet for Glass and back on Earth for Flowercrash.

This new edition of Memory Seed has two short stories that were published in anthologies many years ago: The Green Realm Below, and Granny.