• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Writing Challenge Statistics

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
As we're half-way through the Challenge year, I thought some of you might be interested in the leader board and a few other stats for the 75s as we embark on the long downhill run to the finishing line. (I think I've mixed a few metaphors there. )

And the first big matter for your attention, in July we reached our 100th Challenge!! Not bad when we didn't think we'd manage to sustain interest for more than a half-dozen or so!

In the six completed months to date we've had 248 entries, a bit down on this time last year which is a shame, so let's make sure we pick up the slack for the next half year. Those entries have accrued 247 votes (also down, so we need to redouble our efforts to encourage every entrant to vote, and inveigle non-entrants to vote, too). And we've had 15 newbies join to the end of September, including some well-established members who have taken the 75-word plunge for the first time!

And jointly leading the boards at the half-way stage are Cat's Cradle and TheDustyZebra with 19 votes apiece! In 3rd place is Hoopy with 16 votes, but she's got those in just the one challenge! Then in joint 4th place there's johnnyjet, mosaix and me with 15. Victoria comes in 7th with 11 votes, then Ashleyne and Shyrka have 9 votes each in 8th place, and in 10th place is Phyrebrat with 8 votes.

And special congrats this half-year go to Hoopy. As I mentioned when she won in April, her magnificent 16 votes that month is the highest score ever reached in the 75s!!

We've another six Challenges left. Who wants to bet on CC and TDZ continuing to hog first place? Will one of the other front-runners overtake them? Or is there a dark horse waiting in the wings to eclipse us all? To find out, make sure you keep Challenging!

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
As always, thank you for taking the time to tally the figures, TJ!

Never thought I'd see myself at (or even horribly near!) the top of one of these lists, with the many-many fine writers who enter throughout the year. I don't think I'll stay there (I'd bet on TDZ;)), but it's cool, for this moment, to be there. AND - I wrote a story about f*rts for the October 75 worder, so down the list we go!! :)

Phyrebrat

ba-Ba-ba-brat
Supporter
Thanks, Your Hon.

Doubt I’ll be able to keep a top ten spot next April if I keep skipping challenges, but it was a nice surprise to see my name in dispatch.

(Despatch?? ;) )

pH