X-files now its cheap.

DarkFiBiro

Has anyone else renewed their love of the X-files in recent years, mainly in part due to the bargain price that the total box-set is now? I bought it and finally finished watching every episode in order awhile ago and I was amazed at how many I had managed to miss.

I would imagine I'm not the only one to pick up the boxset in recent times and be won over again by the whole saga :).

Ooft has it went down in price? I'd assumed as its a cult classic it would be rare-ish.

* scurrys off to Ebay *

Its been about £65 for the whole lot (barring the 2nd film) for awhile now :). Seen it for that in HMV and on Amazon.

Edit: Now had a little look, does look like its more than that now but I'm sure Ive seen it in my local HMV still for that in the last month or so :).

No, but I will start looking. I always thought it to be the first of the new generation of very well written but also uniquely quirky shows that is now manifesting in "Justified" and "Breaking Bad"

I think the first time I ever realized a tv show could be a really masterful piece of writing was when Scully compared Mulder to Captain Ahab and Mulder's answer was; "Scully, are you coming on to me?"

I always intended to go back to them at some point - if they're pretty cheap, I may nab them for Christmas \o/

I think it was near Xmas I nabbed them myself. I was amazed at £65 for that much viewing, hundreds of hours lol.

I agree the writing in Xfiles was very clever, and as it became more and more about the relationship between Mulder and Scully it improved even more.

I think one of my fave lines was when they were lost in a forest:

Mulder: I was told once that the best way to regenerate body heat was to crawl naked into a sleeping bag with someone else who is already naked.

Scully :Maybe if it starts raining sleeping bags, you might get lucky.

:)