alloy of law sequals?

Discussion in 'Brandon Sanderson' started by mm1145, Aug 17, 2013.

1. mm1145

mm1145 Well-Known Member

haveing finished the alloy of law it seames to leave hooks for sequals dose anyboddy know if they are going to be or was it a experiment that he decided not to persue? I must admit to likeing the book emesley I found the charatures fun and the combination of weston guns and fansty "magic" very nice

2. quantumtheif

quantumtheif Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty cool mixing guns with allomancy, and I would love to see more of those books. Brandon Sanderson hasn't really said anything about a sequel or possible follow-ups.

3. Erin99

Erin99 Well-Known Member

Actually, Brandon has said he'll write a sequel:

"Brandon announced on 1 August, 2012 that there would be a direct sequel to The Alloy of Law. Though this expansion of the series is not to be taken for the second Mistborn trilogy but rather a stand-alone story. The sequel will be titled Shadows of Self" (The Alloy of Law - The Coppermind - 17th Shard)

As for the book itself, I tried to get into it - I really did - but the main character just didn't grab me. Then again, I took a book or so to get into Vin, so perhaps in the sequel I'll like him. I did enjoy the references to past events, though, and I LOVED the ending to the Mistborn series. :)

4. Juliana

Juliana will write for cups of tea

Brandon Sanderson's agency tweeted yesterday that he has closed a deal to write two more books in the Mistborn universe, following the Alloy of Law. :)