Tickety Boo Press signs Gary Compton...

I think I might have been ambitious with 11/11/11 so at moment deadline Xmas/publish Feb/Mar but I'm flexible if I know someone as talented as you is grinding something out of your imagination I will wait.

10K is fine:)

Don't want to be like Skyrim and stick to 11/11/11 only to have to patch it from day 1 :p

Heh. Gary, you charmer!

If my story sucks, I expect to be duly notified and removed from the antho. :D

(BTW, I think you missed Hex's question. I'm wondering the answer, too.)

Ooh! Skyrim. A VERY pretty game! I got to ride around the country on horseback just because. I didn't actually do anything, though, cos I'm not a gamer. But I love horses.

How exciting, Gary.

Are you looking for submissions from further afield? And if so, did you say what you're paying?

From anywhere - Mars - Edinburgh etc. The deal on offer is on Tickety Boo Press Ltd Click the forums link.

You need to register first then I will email you a password. The area will be invisible unless you are registered.:)

Thought I'd answered this.

As for further afield, I imagine you mean 'other than the Chrons.' In which case, the answer's yes. Hope Gary doesn't mind me answering for him!

Brilliant! I can tell some of my writer friends on FB. :)

Is it still 12 stories, Gary? At this rate, you'll have tons to choose from! Awesome stuff, very much like a proper established publisher.

(I'll have a look at the forum soon, too, once I know my story's shaping up.)

I like the way its shaping up - shortest is 1200 words - longest is 5000 and I have promisery notes for a couple of 10K's.

So not sure on number of stories but book will be 120K.

Happy days!:)

A terrific way to start a publishing career, with an anthology of great writers! :eek:;) Mine is currently 8,331 words and I'm pretty sure it will come in a just under 10K... Unless the ghost wriggles out from under the table.

How can you be allowed to edit yourself and choose whether you're in or out?

I think someone nit-picky and firm should take you under her wing. **wicked laugh**

Guess who I mean?

LOL:eek:

Haha

You're pretty good. Aren't you the original winner of the 75 and 300 word competition?

I am actually going to attempt a story for this. I like the challenge of having to write something out of my comfort zone. I don't expect to make the cut but it is good practice for me. When is the deadline?

How can you be allowed to edit yourself and choose whether you're in or out?

I think someone nit-picky and firm should take you under her wing. **wicked laugh**

Guess who I mean?

LOL:eek:

My first thought was The Judge. :eek::D:eek: Honest but fair, all in one neat bundle.

Great to hear, Gary - 120k! It will be interesting to see how you decide on the stories' order and which stories you pick. Eek! So many great writers vying for a place...

You know, if you get too many amazing stories and you do well, you could always publish two books, each a year apart. That's what one of my favourite small presses did since they got so many high quality entries.

Just to let you know, I think my story will come in somewhere between 7k - 10k. I need to sit down and work out my story scenes so I can estimate it properly. I'm on 800 words right now, though, LOL!

So, who makes the decision on stories to be included? Who gets the final say, or is it too early to ask? Is Gary the Overseer and Boneman the Suggestions Man? (This is not me being nosy, btw; this is me working out who to bribe**. :D)

**This is a joke, for any who don't know me. I'd rather my work stood on its own merits.

Edit: Ratsy, I just asked that question on the last page, so you can find it there (and answers to other questions). Oh, and hi! Good luck with this.

I am actually going to attempt a story for this. I like the challenge of having to write something out of my comfort zone. I don't expect to make the cut but it is good practice for me. When is the deadline?

Xmas probably. I have nothing set in stone:)

Good luck and think positive. You are the new JK Rowling or Dan Brown:)

So, who makes the decision on stories to be included? Who gets the final say, or is it too early to ask? Is Gary the Overseer and Boneman the Suggestions Man? (This is not me being nosy, btw; this is me working out who to bribe**. :D

It has to be Boneman as he is editor. I'm just an inbox sorter:)

This is a serious project so I want the best. Jeff has edited 25% of my WIP and he's spot on and brutally honest. His suggestions are being implemented as we speak. A few people here already know how good he is. (grovel)

So he should be the subject of your bribes. LOL

Bribing, hmmm? What do I start with, "Hey Boney!"? :eek:

Anyway, good to know. I'll be eagerly following this adventure with you. I hope it does well and you get tons of good entries. I don't envy Boneman on having to judge them all, though. :eek:

Best of luck. :):)

Edit: Oh, and Boneman once looked at the opening of my novel, so I know how he works. :)

Edit: Ratsy, I just asked that question on the last page, so you can find it there (and answers to other questions). Oh, and hi! Good luck with this.

Whoops, didn't see that one!

I'm doing shorty short ones. I either do flash or novels and struggle with decent length shorts. My attention span kills me - I can do whole novels and get immersed and I can do short and edit tight, but get lost in between.

So, um, Boneman, what's your poison? Lines up pints. :D