Tickety Boo Press signs Gary Compton...

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
I can confirm that yesterday I signed contracts with Tickety Boo Press Ltd who will publish my trilogy:

The first book, the Fourth Reich - Head of the Snake will be published early 2014 as an e-book and trade paperback.

My daughter Emma will run the business side of the press, J Scott Marryat will edit TFR and the anthology.

To celebrate the launch of the press a collection of ghost stories will be published as an e-book and trade paperback. Twelve stories of around 10,000 words.

The anthology is called, "Malevolence - Tales From Beyond The Veil"

Submissions are now open, see our website for details or if you already know me just PM me. We don't have the stupid rule department, yet!

This will be a paid for story and royalties will be shared amongst the authors.

We are looking to be a little different than the norm so watch out for details.:)

Good to see, Gary. Good luck with it all. :)

Congrats, and best of luck :)

Cheers guys!

Which ones of you lovely people are up for writing a ghost story. So far Aty, Boneman, the Judge have said they will.

@Springs - cant remember if you said you would (enjoying your book on the Kindle by the way)

Aty is doing the artwork:D

It will be, well edited, superbly crafted and amazing. And it'll have my not easily pushed over physique in the marketing department pushing it!

Righto, better think of something, then. :) hmmm ghosties.

Ghost of a legendary space captain helps young rookie captain save the universe?

or

Aliens go to hell right? Ghosts from their purgatory attack the earth intent on stealing the souls of the inhabitants!

Ach, I'm in Irish mode with the current wip. I might have fun with celtic spookiness. :)

Sounds good. I'm thinking of using my character as I know him so well and do something quirky.:)

Hopefully I will get past the selection process which will be announced soon:D

Best of luck with your venture, Gary. :):)

Ach, I'm in Irish mode with the current wip. I might have fun with celtic spookiness. :)
But doesn't Celtic's spookiness usually only affect referees...? ;):)

*confetti explosions*

I've got two half started. But stranded on both atm. *derp face* I'll get back to work on them soon.

The best of all lucks, Gary! It's a brave man who goes out in a storm looking for firewood, and since your middle name is Wenceslas, I feel you will rescue many a peasant (!) with your efforts. If anyone deserves to succeed it's you. Though I'm not sure about that editor...;):eek:

The best of all lucks, Gary! It's a brave man who goes out in a storm looking for firewood, and since your middle name is Wenceslas, I feel you will rescue many a peasant (!) with your efforts. If anyone deserves to succeed it's you. Though I'm not sure about that editor...;):eek:

You literally had me laughing out loud at Wenceslas, however, what a cool name! I may adopt Gary Wenceslas Compton as my author name.:D

Thanks Ian, you're the man to emulate and cheers to everyone else for there support.

@Ian Whates - any chance of a sci-fi ghost story, please, pretty please?

@Hopewrites - get your finger out:)

@ursa - ghostly teddy bear stalks taxidermist for taking out his innards

@Boneman - you're my hero!

Hmm... GWC... I do hope this venture isn't just a splash in the pan...

Good luck, Gary!

Last edited: