Honor Harrington film

It's interesting and reassuring to see how much thought they seem to be giving to how to present the treecats. In particular they will be moving about much more than in the books; not spending so much time on shoulders as that's much harder to animate well. Also having had a cat that used to hitch-hike around the country with me perched on my shoulder in my youth I have always wondered at the reality of having such a large creature perched on your shoulder (not everyone was born on Sphinx).

I'm wondering why they didn't go with the TV show instead. This way, they'd have had more time to develop characters and tactics described in the books. And later books are especially too big and will be severely truncated as movies.

I don't think there're any significant space set SciFi shows at the moment so they'd fill in the gap quite nicely.

I will certainly be looking forward to this.

Me too - and there was a lot of confidence in the blog post about it really happening. I just hope it doesn't fall into the same category as Guillermo Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness and Quentin Tarantino's Luke Cage: Hero For Hire...

I think I'd prefer a no-name who you would only think of as Captain Harrington, mistress next to God.

I actually think Jolie would be very good. Strong character and she's very good at accents; for me at least, I don't think an American accent would work for that part. In fact I think the whole of the Manticore Star Kingdom would work best with UK based accents (eg Scottish for Gryphon - they seem to have very Scottish attitudes to stuff). But maybe I'm biased :)

I actually think Jolie would be very good. Strong character and she's very good at accents; for me at least, I don't think an American accent would work for that part. In fact I think the whole of the Manticore Star Kingdom would work best with UK based accents (eg Scottish for Gryphon - they seem to have very Scottish attitudes to stuff). But maybe I'm biased :)

I totally agree. Both about Jolie and the accents.

Just to make a bit of trouble: I would suggest the Scottish accent for the the resident of Gyrphon. I would think that Manticore should sound like a snobby New Yorker. And Sphinx should have an Australian accent. ;) Is there any new word on this movie?

Wow, I've always thought that Jolie would be a perfect Honor Harrington! Except that she went and got those balloon lips, which just don't work for me. Can those be removed?

TDZ, I know what you mean about the lips...

Parson, not sure about posh New York but maybe, I could agree with the Aussie accent for Sphinx.... except I don't think I could live with an Aussie accented Honor! :(

Wow, I've always thought that Jolie would be a perfect Honor Harrington! Except that she went and got those balloon lips, which just don't work for me. Can those be removed?

A little bit of nitpicking here, but go and look at pictures of her growing up. She was born with those, oddly enough.

A little bit of nitpicking here, but go and look at pictures of her growing up. She was born with those, oddly enough.

Hmm. Looks like you may be right. I sure don't remember them being like they are now, though. It was the Lara Croft promos that brought her to my attention as a likely Honor, and it seemed like her lips ballooned after that -- maybe they had some help at some point. I suppose I'd get over it if she did us proud in the part, though. :D

TDZ, I know what you mean about the lips...

Parson, not sure about posh New York but maybe, I could agree with the Aussie accent for Sphinx.... except I don't think I could live with an Aussie accented Honor! :(

Hm, good point. But since we've never heard her talk, it might just seem natural. I was thinking also of something along the line of a Taiwanese accent picking up on her Oriental heritage, but then realized her accent would have to come from Sphinx and her father's people.

She's way too short, but Kristin Kreuk has a look that might make a good Honor.

I can't think of any actresses that aren't. Not even Lucy Lawless at 6' (185cm) or so. It's not completely clear, but the way Honor is depicted makes her sound about two metres tall. Maybe a little less.

I can't think of any actresses that aren't. Not even Lucy Lawless at 6' (185cm) or so. It's not completely clear, but the way Honor is depicted makes her sound about two metres tall. Maybe a little less.

That's the impression I always got as well. It makes finding an appropriate actress to play Honor somewhat problematic.

Indeed Honor is described as being just short of 2 meters tall. Maybe they could make the crew up of munchkins?