American Vampire

Christopher Lee

Formerly BluePhoenix711
Just wanted to say that, last night, I read my very first graphic novel/comic book, at the age of twenty-five! lol American Vampire Vol. 1 is amazing. A very unique, original vampire tale that keeps the action going from beginning to end. I read it straight through in an hour.

I believe I have just been converted to the graphic novel.

Is anyone else here keeping up with American Vampire? I think it's been a fabulous series. I've been reading the hardback volume editions as and when they've been published. Volume 8 was released in July 2016 but I didn't read it at the time, it's been sat on my shelf, so last night with a few hours to spare I thought I'd read Volume 7 to refresh myself then pick up Vol 8. Volume 7 was fabulous, it was epic in scale, very well written and the storyline was tight and well paced. Then came Vol 8, I must admit I was quite tired and it was quite late when I was reading it but for me it was a real let down. I felt it was a poor storyline, the dialogue where previously had been excellent was forced, unbalanced and used to give obvious information to the reader.

I do wonder if Scott Snyder realised this himself because there's been a huge hiatus since the last issue was released.

Back