Nice weather for writing???

My head being the way it is, it just put Indiana Jones in one of those old style fish and chip shops - glass counter, white painted acoustic sort of tiles on the wall, not entirely delicious looking sausages lying limp on the hot plate and those black boards with stick on white lettering giving the portions and prices.
Anyway, Indiana Jones kind of really didn't fit. :D

(Be fair, I've had some excellent chips from shops like that.)

In Italian corporations it’s considered upper-class to drive around in airconditioned cars and sit in airconditioned offices (I normally will catch a cold in such draft ;))
Hence the aforementioned Italians show their air-conditioned class by always carrying long sleeved shirts – even when almost 40°C - :D:D
Also when stationed in e.g. Norway they keep driving around in their airconditioned cars - more :D:D

Depending on where in the states one is, it is lots. From swamp coolers and window shakers to state of art built in systems that also filter allergins and a majority of dust particulates.
Im in a desertish part thats been converted for agriculture. Id say 75% of families have some kind of climet control system. All the houses over a certain age have ac and those few older have ether had it installed or use window units and fans.
Some people who have ac cant afford to run it.
Most appartments just have window units. The more upscale ones and house conversions might have ac but with seperate thermostats for each unit. Ive yet to know of an appartment building that encluded cooling in the rent.

I did stay in a place with radiator heat attached to the hot water system. The exposed pipes for which hung from my celing. But my idotic flatmate ran ac all winter complaining of being too hot.

We were not a good match as i detested cold as passionately as he abhorred heat.

I managed to get some words down yesterday, I guess I'm getting used to the heat - or the need to write took hold. Anyway itch has been scratched (writing of course, not the other itch) and hopefully get some more words down tonight.

Apparently the weekend will be cooler, and the next week will be more like this one until a big thunderstorm literally clears the air.

Apparently the weekend will be cooler, and the next week will be more like this one until a big thunderstorm literally clears the air.

Now thunderstorms I like. And if there's going to be just one massive one for the whole of the UK - that's some behemoth to look forward too :)

Not sure if it's for the whole UK, the forecast I heard was on the local news, but it did sound like quite a large storm.

Whilst I rather like hearing rain lash window panes and thunder split the sky my hound gets rather upset by such things.

Getting around 30 degrees here for the next few days. The weather doesn't affect my writing since I don't seem to be doing any of it regardless.

I think this is where working nights comes in handy. The nights are nice and cool, I get in when it's just starting to warm up a little and tend to sleep through the worst of the heat.

I do try and do a little bit of note-making during breaks too, when my brain's going into overdrive. For the first time in a little while I'm getting stuff done. Feels good.

It felt like the hottest day so far and much to my surprise I managed to write the better part of 2000 words towards a short story.

Like ratsy I've not been doing much anyway, heat or not, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, it's felt like the hottest here too. I imagine it's worse in terms of temperature where you are, but you might have a nice sea breeze too.

I went on many holidays to Devon as a child. Was a rather nice place, I seem to recall.

Yeah, it's felt like the hottest here too. I imagine it's worse in terms of temperature where you are, but you might have a nice sea breeze too.

I went on many holidays to Devon as a child. Was a rather nice place, I seem to recall.

I don't know Thaddeus I think it's hot everywhere!

Don't forget - if you're writing any scenes that will take place on a hot day, take notes of your experiences as relevant!

Well I've got a missile or two flying to the heart of a star at the moment. Compared to that this is pretty tolerable.

Don't forget - if you're writing any scenes that will take place on a hot day, take notes of your experiences as relevant!

Good point.

Don't know if it's the weather, or just my story. But I only written a small amount since early June!

I had a good June writing wise, but July really has not been good for me. I usually knock out a steady monthly word count (weekly can vary a lot) but not so far this month. There is a short I want to work on, and I keep nodding off, surfing, TV, music and on and on - no concentration at all. I'm like a gold fish, a three second memory, the rare "Irish Spotted Lobster Fish" seen only during hot weather and not seen in the UK for seven years.

Mild weather for me. Went for a walk the other day, even brought the dog, but it was just too hot (and not just for me).

Another note, where I live (Okanagan BC), I've never recalled so many mosquitos as there was on that occasion.

When it's cooler going to try to get some writing done between ball throwing.

Overcast and drizzling in Yorkshire this morning. Huzzah! I knew all those rain dances would pay off.

I spent the first week or so moaning about it being too hot, then felt strangely disappointed at the weekend when it was grey and overcast.

Thunderstorms are always good though :)

It's raining today Mister Bowler. So I'll hope you get something done today as last nights thunderstorms over the London really inspired me.