New Terminator trilogy to start in 2015

alchemist

Be pure. Be vigilant. Beware.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105916

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted Terminator movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, Terminator will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Another re-boot. I give this one a cautious "Hmmm..."

Terminator Salvation was meant to be the first of four. What happened there then? I didn't think it was that bad.

Isn't the whole series a reboot already in that history keeps changing with each subsequent film? I agree that another addition would probably be too much and better to start over afresh.

Historically, nothing new about Hollywood recycling - Frankenstein and Werewolf, Mummy, Tarzan - but I'm totally with MPorter - there are hundreds of books that would make good new film franchises, but can they dare to take that risk? Talked about this at length before, so don't want to bore you again.

Have to agree with Mike... even if it's really well done (which, sadly, I doubt), it doesn't need rebooting.

The occasional reboot is fine but I have to agree The Terminator one can't have anything left to tell. The first one was special, even the second one was fine, the third one mmmmm passable and acceptable but that's when I stopped watching. Can't see me handing over ticket money for these.

Yeah, I'm with Mike - "meh" was my reaction when I saw the title of the thread, and Man of Steel has recently confirmed that reboots can only work so far... although I do like the new Star Treks which show a good way to do a reboot.

I am actually looking forward to this reboot. I loved terminator 2 and to a lesser extent 1. The others were dross. Reboot away. Move arnie away from it and make it scary again. It's not just an action movie. I want to fear the android coming at the screen again.

Nothing wrong with reboots as long as it's realized they are actually new stories. Ray Bradbury is reputed to have said 'We're all just plagiarizing the Greeks' and I think that's true.

Im thinking this franchise has seen it's day. Time to move on.

Im thinking this franchise has seen it's day. Time to move on.

This is largely my opinion. I may be biased because I did not enjoy the franchise at any point along the way, but it really feels as if they are trying to stretch it out endlessly.

This is largely my opinion. I may be biased because I did not enjoy the franchise at any point along the way, but it really feels as if they are trying to stretch it out endlessly.

I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd second films , The third less so and the 4th film not at all. I shudder to think what a 5th film will be like.

To many reboots and re-imagined classics.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed each Terminator film for what they were. I thought Salvation was good and I am very sad to see it replaced by a reboot. I think Arnold just wanted a more screentime now that he is 'officially' an actor again.

Funnily enough I just watched the first three last week for the first time in years.

Terminator is a brilliant action packed, pretty scary film. T2 is good in it's own way, but very different from the first with quite a few comedy (albeit black comedy) moments. In the third Arnie is starting to become a bit of a comedy figure, and the ideas and just a rehash of what's gone before. Also lots of it make no sense at all. As for the fourth, I really don't care to watch that again.

Tbh I'm struggling to think of many 'reboots' that I like. Star Trek is brilliant, and it's great the way they used time travel top bring back the same scenarios, but they pan out differently. Very well thought out and executed. Total Recall was an abomination, some of the others you just have to ask yourself 'why bother?'

As for a new Terminator film; well I'll watch it, and if it's great, great -if it's not I won't bother watching it again, no harm done.

Terminator is now 30 years old and it's still the best of the lot. This new one has a lot to live up to.

When it came out, it was a cool film. Still is, but it's looking a bit long in the tooth.

When it came out, it was a cool film. Still is, but it's looking a bit long in the tooth.
When it came out it was a low budget flick by a director who had only directed low budget piranha-eating sequels, and had been working as a truck driver. He ripped off the screenplay from an Outer Limits story by Harlan Ellison and he thought Arnie was a big star. Arnie's lines had to be written short because he could hardly speak any English.

However, it gained a cult following and it made the careers of Cameron and Arnie, but it was always rough around the edges. Unlike the slick big-budget Terminator II and all the blockbuster sequels since. In many ways, and for many reasons, I prefer the original.

When it came out it was a low budget flick by a director who had only directed low budget piranha-eating sequels, and had been working as a truck driver. He ripped off the screenplay from an Outer Limits story by Harlan Ellison and he thought Arnie was a big star. Arnie's lines had to be written short because he could hardly speak any English.

However, it gained a cult following and it made the careers of Cameron and Arnie, but it was always rough around the edges. Unlike the slick big-budget Terminator II and all the blockbuster sequels since. In many ways, and for many reasons, I prefer the original.

Ellison won that Lawsuit. To this day,Cameron still goes ballistic when Ellison's name is mentioned.