WoT Puzzle Guesses

Erin99

So. I know the series has finished, but some of us are still working our way through it. I thought a place for people who've not read the series would be great, where we can guess at plot threads and puzzles that we forget to mention in their relevant book threads.

I have one. It *just* occurred to me last night, and Seph said he didn't know of anyone - even on other WoT forums - who suggested this. So... Although I'm up to book 11 (and loving this one!), I think it's an idea that is safe to read for people reading earlier books.

My idea: that "wind" that keeps blowing in the opening to every book's chapter one? I'm gonna guess that it's actually the Dark One, since he can touch the world in small ways until the bore widens and he's let loose. So, in chapter openings where the wind is flying past important people, to land on a person or group of people, say, that's the Dark One spying or listening. I'm prepared to be wrong, however!

All you WoT-finished-the-series-readers can laugh at me now. :D

I forgot to mention that damned wind! It almost pushed Rand off a tower in the second book (unless I missed something and it was explained to be through someone else that time...) so yeah...

Hmmm. Maybe that means I'm wrong, cos doesn't the Dark One want Rand alive to face the Last Battle? I like the idea that I'm right and he DID try to push his nemesis off, though! Good spot, Hoopy! I hadn't noticed that part.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Much to ponder.