Book Title based predictions -- SPOILERS

clownphoenix

So I'd like to make some predictions as to the end of the series based off the titles. The final book is going to be called A Dream of Spring, and the working title for it was A Time for Wolves. To see what we can gleam, let's look at the past novels.

A Game of Thrones: The line "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you lose." Robert's death and the eventual war to claim the Iron Throne. Sets the tone for the entire series, minus you know the White Walkers.

A Clash of Kings: The war that started in the first one is know the War of the Five Kings, with several people calling themselves King, and clashing to become the only king.

A Storm of Swords: Lots of killing. Dany sacking three cities, the battle at the wall, the red wedding, Joff's wedding, Balon dieing, lots and lots of death. What you would expect from a storm that has swords.

A Feast for Crows: This title seems a bit odd to me, as I would think Crow = Night's Watch, which the only thing about the Night's Watch is Sam's journey. I guess there was so much killing in the last book, this one is more about the crows gorging themselves on the feast that's now in front of them.

A Dance with Dragons: Dragons, dancing with fire. Dany returns to the story, and so do her dragons, in which she finally rides one and people get burned alive.

Now to the future:

The Winds of Winter: Winter is finally here, and we get to see Stannis' battle in the north against the ******* of Bolton. That is pretty much known, but I have a feeling that Jon will arise, either as AA, or just be alive, and will battle against White Walkers and their army of Wights. I read that we are supposed to see the land of forever winter in either this book or the last, so maybe him or Bran travels farther north, possibly taking the battle to them. This might not happen until later. Other than dealing with Dany and other story lines, I see this being very focused in the North and the brewing battle between the White Walkers.

Now for the book with TWO titles to gleam info from.

Formerly A Time for Wolves and now A Dream of Spring: A Time of Wolves seems to make me think Starks will play a pivotal roll in this one, being Jon, Arya, and Bran mostly, possibly Sansa doing something cool. I also can see Arya warging or reuniting with Nymeria and her wolfpack horde ******* **** up. The Starks throw back the White Walker invasion, and in doing so, bring and end to the winter, and A Dream of Spring.

I like it. The only issue is that GRRM has stated that there is not going to be a sunny, happy ending to this. So as much as I would love to see the SuperStarks team back up with some pet dragons to compliment their pet wolves....I have a feeling most of them are going to be dead.

Perhaps it will not be a sunny, happy ending because Rickon, King in the North, will be bloodthirsty in his vengeance?

I third that.

I would also like to put forth that "A time for wolves" might not mean a time for starks. Feast for Crows was more to do with people being Crow Food, and not about the nights watch. A Time for Wolves might indicate that after the war with the others and the internal wars, the lands of westeros are so ravaged, and the population so diminished, that wolves are able to run rampant. There has already been alot of mention that the wolves in the riverlands are coming into towns and stealing babies.

Tywin and Juleska, I am right there with you!

The idea of Rickon, being what, 7 or so now in the book series, as a ravenous bloodthirsty avenger kind of makes me giggle.

The idea of Rickon, being what, 7 or so now in the book series, as a ravenous bloodthirsty avenger kind of makes me giggle.

I absolutely think Rickon will be WILD if and when he's introduced into the story again. Someone said offhandedly that there was a 5-year time leap planned in the series. That was the first time I heard of any such thing. I didn't have the time to ask them where they'd heard it - anyone here know anything about that? IF that was the case, Rickon could be 13 or 14 at the end of it, I suppose.

So I'd like to make some predictions as to the end of the series based off the titles. The final book is going to be called A Dream of Spring, and the working title for it was A Time for Wolves. To see what we can gleam, let's look at the past novels.

A Game of Thrones: The line "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you lose." Robert's death and the eventual war to claim the Iron Throne. Sets the tone for the entire series, minus you know the White Walkers.

A Clash of Kings: The war that started in the first one is know the War of the Five Kings, with several people calling themselves King, and clashing to become the only king.

A Storm of Swords: Lots of killing. Dany sacking three cities, the battle at the wall, the red wedding, Joff's wedding, Balon dieing, lots and lots of death. What you would expect from a storm that has swords.

A Feast for Crows: To me the title referred to the spoils of war. In he previous book, Lannister+Tyrell+Bolton alliance seemed to have won the war. Now it was up to them to divide the pie. Ofcourse the crows ended up fighting themselves for what was left of westeros.

A Dance with Dragons: The story was about the dragons indeed, the false and the real. Dany, Aegon, Jon (if he is a closet Targ), Tyrion (who always seems to be in the vicinity of a 'dragon' be it Jon, Aegon or Dany, Boaz thinks he's a closet Targ as well, but i prefer that he is not, u prefer he is the little man, snarling in the midst of it, casting a huge shadow.) There was also Bloodraven, .... .

Now to the future:

The Winds of Winter: Winter is finally here, and we get to see Stannis' battle in the north against the ******* of Bolton. That is pretty much known, but I have a feeling that Jon will arise, either as AA, or just be alive, and will battle against White Walkers and their army of Wights. I read that we are supposed to see the land of forever winter in either this book or the last, so maybe him or Bran travels farther north, possibly taking the battle to them. This might not happen until later. Other than dealing with Dany and other story lines, I see this being very focused in the North and the brewing battle between the White Walkers.

Now for the book with TWO titles to gleam info from.

Formerly A Time for Wolves and now A Dream of Spring: A Time of Wolves seems to make me think Starks will play a pivotal roll in this one, being Jon, Arya, and Bran mostly, possibly Sansa doing something cool. I also can see Arya warging or reuniting with Nymeria and her wolfpack horde ******* **** up. The Starks throw back the White Walker invasion, and in doing so, bring and end to the winter, and A Dream of Spring.

@Winds of Winter: we'll see more from Dany probably landing in Westeros at the end of the book, but i think the next book main storyline is 1) The continued rise of the others and 2) what happens to the Stark children. What will happen to Jon (AA?) Bran (though i'm not sure his story will advance that much, Rickon is almost ready to be found, Sansa is coming down her mountain, and Arya has been given a task... the way i see it Winter is definitely coming. Or that's just my hope.

@Last book, seasons will be restored, the evilest of villains will have met their end, with the odd survivor, as well as a whole bunch of good people. They can't all live, much as we want some of them to do.

A

Winds of Winter: The great rise of the Others occurs much as it did thousands of years ago with the White Walkers sweeping over a broken (either physically or just the magics that hold back the Others) Wall. The book ends with the realms of men on the brink of destruction.

Dream of Spring: All men (and maybe the Children of the Forest) will unite under AA (whoever that happens to be) and push back the Others, defeating them once and for all. Bran destroys the Great Other through the World Wide Root, but must sacrifice himself to do so (maybe he wargs it and they both die, who knows). The book ends with a divided, but stable, Westeros (Rickon rises as King in the North and Dany rules the south), winter has been destroyed completely and spring is imminent but a lot of people have died in this new Battle for the Dawn (possibly Jon and Tyrion).

There has already been alot of mention that the wolves in the riverlands are coming into towns and stealing babies.

These wolves are led by Nymeria, Arya's wolf, so they could be turned towards fighting for the Starks.

I'd like to believe in a happy rosy ending, but I know that just won't happen. I believe either Jon or Dany will end up on the throne in the end, but it will be at a great cost. Westeros will be ravaged, many will die, and the Others will take their tole before being defeated, bringing on the Summer that never ends.

I absolutely think Rickon will be WILD if and when he's introduced into the story again. Someone said offhandedly that there was a 5-year time leap planned in the series. That was the first time I heard of any such thing. I didn't have the time to ask them where they'd heard it - anyone here know anything about that? IF that was the case, Rickon could be 13 or 14 at the end of it, I suppose.

Originally there was to be a five year in-story gap between Storm and Dance, but that proved troublesome to write, and Martin scrapped the idea and started over, resulting in Feast and Dance (and the interminably long wait for both...). As far as I'm aware there is no planned in-story gap between Dance and Winds.

Originally there was to be a five year in-story gap between Storm and Dance, but that proved troublesome to write, and Martin scrapped the idea and started over, resulting in Feast and Dance (and the interminably long wait for both...). As far as I'm aware there is no planned in-story gap between Dance and Winds.

What happened was a five year real life gap between Storm and Dance.

I don't care about a "happy" ending, but I want Stark vengeance, or I won't be satisfied. Something like Dogville, but on a continental scale, would be nice.

I don't care about a "happy" ending, but I want Stark vengeance, or I won't be satisfied. Something like Dogville, but on a continental scale, would be nice.

Agree that the Starks have been the most wronged and therefore most needing of vengeance.

So, who is on the list to receive that vengeance? Let me throw out some possibilities:

Lannisters (many crimes): Still the favorites for vengeance from the TV watching crowd. Just starting to get some folks around here saying things like, "You know, I'm actually starting to like Tyrion and Jaime... I'm confused."

Freys (TRW): I suppose the dozens of young Waldas and Walders need to be removed in case they are carrying on the genetic material of their father/grandfather?

Boltons (TRW and many other crimes): Well deserved, and going back generations. The Stark tolerance for the Boltons in the past only encouraged Roose I think. This will be Rickon's job I hope.

Ironborn (Burning of Winterfell): Already kind of feels like they've received their vengeance... and a bit of a sideshow to the North. Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Asha marrying into the Starks?

Baelish (Manipulated war between Wolf and Lion for his own profit. Betrayed Saint Eddard): Will Sansa break his heart, kill him, break his heart and then kill him, or will he die of a broken heart that she gives him?

Varys (Manipulated civil war in Westeros. Turned on anyone with a shot of restoring peace): Several contenders for who will kill Varys, and for some reason I picture him being slowly tortured to death. I think it would be particularly fitting for a Lion to kill him rather than a wolf. Perhaps a little lion.

Stannis (Demon babies and burning leaches...): I see a looming confrontation with Jon. If not, this could be a task for Arya or Rickon, assuming Stannis doesn't go down in a blaze of glory before that.

That about covers it for the targets for Stark vengeance, I think.

Ironborn (Burning of Winterfell): Already kind of feels like they've received their vengeance... and a bit of a sideshow to the North. Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Asha marrying into the Starks?

Baelish (Manipulated war between Wolf and Lion for his own profit. Betrayed Saint Eddard): Will Sansa break his heart, kill him, break his heart and then kill him, or will he die of a broken heart that she gives him?

Varys (Manipulated civil war in Westeros. Turned on anyone with a shot of restoring peace): Several contenders for who will kill Varys, and for some reason I picture him being slowly tortured to death. I think it would be particularly fitting for a Lion to kill him rather than a wolf. Perhaps a little lion.

Stannis (Demon babies and burning leaches...): I see a looming confrontation with Jon. If not, this could be a task for Arya or Rickon, assuming Stannis doesn't go down in a blaze of glory before that.

I don't think the Starks have quite gotten even with all the Iron-born. Sure, Theon suffered enough and Balon is dead, but they still waged war on the north and, in a very round about and abstract way, caused the Red Wedding (Robb married Jayne after deflowering her when she was comforting him about the death of his brothers) though that was Theon again.

For littlefinger to have his heart broken he would need to have a heart.

I don't think the surviving starks even think about Varys and they certainly don't know how powerful he is. none of them have ever met him. UnCat might kill him though. and cersei definately wants to, but she will never find him.

Stannis is going to do himself in for sure, if he isn't dead already.

Agree that the Starks have been the most wronged and therefore most needing of vengeance.

Boltons (TRW and many other crimes): Well deserved, and going back generations. The Stark tolerance for the Boltons in the past only encouraged Roose I think. This will be Rickon's job I hope.

Boltons: It would be fantastic if it were Rickon to take a hand in avenging the Starks for all those betrayals, though Rickon is only a small child. Yes, it's likely he's going to be found by Davos, but then what? I would love to see Rickon going all "My name is Rickon Stark. You killed my brother and mother. Prepare to die," but I have no idea how that would play out.

Ironborn:
I don't think the Starks have quite gotten even with all the Iron-born. Sure, Theon suffered enough and Balon is dead, but they still waged war on the north and, in a very round about and abstract way, caused the Red Wedding (Robb married Jayne after deflowering her when she was comforting him about the death of his brothers) though that was Theon again.

I would agree with the Starks not being done with the Ironborn, though in what capacity, I'm not entirely sure. Thus far, it looks like Stannis is taking them on, so we'll see what happens.

Petyr Littlefinger Baelish: While I would love to see the three-sizes-too-small heart Baelish has get ground into hamburger meat by Cat-I-Mean-Sansa, I think it's more likely that Sansa, being trained by the best (Littlefinger) is going to start piecing together what Baelish has done (orchestrated the war, indirectly her father's death, etc.) and probably kill him when he's least expecting it. That's something I would love to see.

Varys: Yes, everyone has it out for him, including Daenerys even though she's not even stepped foot in Westeros. Personally though, I feel like Varys gets a super bum rap. He really is like the only person in Westeros actually serving the realm, save maybe Stannis for his work at the Wall. So while I think Varys is eventually going to get "what's coming to him" by someone, I'll still be really sad about it.

Stannis is going to do himself in for sure, if he isn't dead already.

I totally agree with you Arsten. Stannis has been leading his soldiers on a Death March in a late autumn blizzard in the North. Not one of his better ideas. Even if he himself doesn't die, he'll be left with no one to support him, and Mel is still at the Wall, so if he freezes to death, there won't be anyone to revive him. (Oh, what a loss. Boo-hoo.)

Varys: Yes, everyone has it out for him, including Daenerys even though she's not even stepped foot in Westeros. Personally though, I feel like Varys gets a super bum rap. He really is like the only person in Westeros actually serving the realm, save maybe Stannis for his work at the Wall. So while I think Varys is eventually going to get "what's coming to him" by someone, I'll still be really sad about it.

Im not so sure about that. i don't think anyone outside Kings Landing, save Dany and UnCat, even has Varys on their Radar. Only the people who think they know him want him dead, everyone just mildly hates him. He does get a Bum Rap for sure, but I would be surprised if he died.

Im not so sure about that. i don't think anyone outside Kings Landing, save Dany and UnCat, even has Varys on their Radar. Only the people who think they know him want him dead, everyone just mildly hates him. He does get a Bum Rap for sure, but I would be surprised if he died.

You've got an excellent point. I hope you're right. I <3 Varys. (Don't judge me.)

You are forgetting that there is someone in the perfect place to find out everything about Varys. The facebook crowd is calling her "The Daughter of Winter", and the last time I checked she was moving up the ranks in the house of Black and White and getting the upper hand on her teacher.

As for him serving the realm? Absolute rubbish. He manipulated the realm into a war to return a Targ to the throne, and then he claims he's doing it for the children. The children were doing just fine under Robert.

On the subject of the other trickster: I think Baelish certainly has a heart. Deep and pained, and in a close orbit around Cat/Sansa. Wolves don't make good pets. They look nice, and you might not get attacked by them if you 'tame' them and keep them in your house, but they never stop being wolves.