Hardback Dickens series?

Bick

Luddite Curmudgeon
Supporter
Not a SF/F question, I'm afraid, but there are so many knowledgeable readers of all genres here I thought I'd ask:

Is there a good, definitive, hardback collection of Dickens novels that anyone knows of or recommends? Penguin classics do a hardback series with nice cloth covers which is the sort of thing I'm after, but it is incomplete, lacking Little Dorrit, Dombey and Son, etc, which are ones I want. I have a hankering to get a nice HB collection but have so far failed to find a good inclusive one. I'd want them to have the original plates by Phiz, too. New not s/h, ideally. Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

GOLLUM

No I don't know off-hand but thanks for raising this. I'm sure someone out there will know.

I have all Dickens novels in Penguin Black Classic but they are of course in paperback.

Venusian Broon

Defending the SF genre with terminal intensity
Supporter
Maybe not quite the cloth covers you want - but I think it has all volumes, extras and I think has the illustrations by Phiz. Obviously check up with the sellers, cause it's a lot of money if you want 'em!

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9780192545220/Oxford-Illustrated-Dickens-Charles-0192545221/plp

Unfortunately the seller is in the US, so don't know what the transport costs would be.

I checked the parent company but I couldn't find them selling even a complete set of Dickens (or much in hardback.)

EDIT - I've used the website - www.abebooks.co.uk a few times - they're good on rare, out of print and weird and wonderful books.

Last edited: