Kindle wifi quesiton

Cayal

The Immortal Prince
It is entirely possible that my Kindle may be on its way out due to freezing issues and I was looking at potential replacements, one of which being the simple Kindle Wifi.

Does anyone have one of these? As a reader I am sure it is good but my question is more to do with the structuring of books.
With the Kindle I have, it has a keyboard so I can create a folder for a series or author and put the require books in there. How is this done with the Kindle wifi since it doesn't have a keyboard? Also is it possible to create subfolders within or is it limited as it is with the older Kindles?

someone gave me a teeny tablet and it is the biggest pain.. you need to download a million apps and things get lost. and it freezes and jumps and it is only a month old..
are you sure that it isn't just old files bogging up the drive?

could you phone up and see if there is a place where you are that can maybe fix it? if you were here i would suggest tiger direct..
but you can get a cable out to a laptop from your tablet so you can use the tablet and enter by the laptops' keyboard but you need java on the laptop.
and the patch cord...
if you look for a tablet with bluetooth then they can use the mobile bluetooth keyboards.. wifi enabled tablets have less options. you can get a cordless keyboard but you need it with a usb micro to mini to regular usb adapter head.
generally i just use mine to store my comics.. you also have to be careful that your new device is compatible with your old files.. but all this might not be necessary if you can get your unit properly cleaned and maybe memory upgraded or virus checked.. those are the three things that usually bog down those iddy biddy drives.
good luck on your search for a new tablet device..

someone gave me a teeny tablet and it is the biggest pain.. you need to download a million apps and things get lost. and it freezes and jumps and it is only a month old..
are you sure that it isn't just old files bogging up the drive?

could you phone up and see if there is a place where you are that can maybe fix it? if you were here i would suggest tiger direct..
but you can get a cable out to a laptop from your tablet so you can use the tablet and enter by the laptops' keyboard but you need java on the laptop.
and the patch cord...
if you look for a tablet with bluetooth then they can use the mobile bluetooth keyboards.. wifi enabled tablets have less options. you can get a cordless keyboard but you need it with a usb micro to mini to regular usb adapter head.
generally i just use mine to store my comics.. you also have to be careful that your new device is compatible with your old files.. but all this might not be necessary if you can get your unit properly cleaned and maybe memory upgraded or virus checked.. those are the three things that usually bog down those iddy biddy drives.
good luck on your search for a new tablet device..

I don't want a tablet, I tried reading on them and don't like it. Kindle is perfect, just curious if the keyboard-less wifi allows folder structuring.

Doesn't it have an on screen keyboard, I have the paper white and when I need to type I get an on screen touch keyboard

I can create new collections to group my books by

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the kindle touch has an on screen touch keyboard that only appears when it's needed. Just the same as the Sony I have. I think you'll find all the features from your current one (folders etc.) will be available on the newer one. It is after all an upgrade from your current one.

One thing I have noticed with my Sony is that I had all my ebooks on it (both read and unread) and it was getting extraordinarily slow; particularly noticeable when highlighting some text. I have now removed most of the books I have read (I have them all on my main computer and can easily put them back) and it is back to running fast again. Prior to this a text highlight was taking almost a minute!!!!! of complete freeze but it is now back to a few seconds. So what I'm suggesting is that keeping all your ebooks on your reader might not be a good idea.

I had the kindle with the keyboard, but it broke and I got a keyboardless one. You can still make folders as there is a button to bring up an onscreen keyboard and you just use the directional arrows to go to each letter, a bit more tedious than using the normal keyboard, but for the amount I used the keyboard I didn't mind so much =)

I have a Kindle Fire HD, and it's actually very good at what I need it for - games and books on the train, mostly.

Ordering from Amazon with 1-click couldn't be easier either.

It's also good for watching TV or movies when you have strong and steady internet connection