The Shadow Rising (Book 4) - Discussion Thread WITH SPOILERS

Hey Leisha, just out of curiosity, where are you now in the series?

[FONT=&quot]♫[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]♩[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]♫[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Wash the spears - while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears - while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears - Who fears to die?
Wash the spears - No one I know!
[FONT=&quot]♩[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]♫[/FONT]

Heh.

I'm a sucker for squishy couples. I had the same fear. Squishy couples ALWAYS end badly, don't they? :eek:

Glad you like Faile. Lots didn't (love/hate, with me), but most of the time when she wasn't being silly I liked her.

Good spot on the braid use, btw. I had to read that part again to see what you meant. I missed it! But yes, the braid helped her remember... It also helps her to channel, too, helps her to get angry by focusing her annoyance on a tug.

Heh! And Slayer/Luc. Yes. I didn't work that out either. It has some interesting ramifications...

So, what did you think of the stilling? I was so shocked! I was like, "What?! Her??? But - but-!!! You can't still her!"

Hiya, ratsy! Nice to see you here!!!

I am on book ten, about four or five chapters from the end. I had no problem with the POV most people felt was too slow - Perrin - because I like him and I genuinely want to see him fight on (and I didn't have to wait long between each book, so it dragged less). The POV I did have a problem with was Elayne. I did not need to read chapters and chapters on her and her getting clothed and climbing in and out of baths. :D But... I got past the chapters easy enough, and I have no problem with the rest, although I can't wait until the next book when Jordan returns to his usual form.

But it will be his last book!!! :eek::(:eek:

Oh my goodness, yes, the stilling! To those two! Anything to do with the source, like the a'dam and stilling just feels son..wrong and terrible. But joining up with Logain! Whoa!

And I was about to say in my last post that Ny wasn't do much this time around and I was missing her and her badass ways...and now I'm literally in the middle of the section with her being just awesome.

Yay! Yes, when Ny is being awesome, she is AWESOME! :D

Taking on Forsaken...!!! :eek: She doesn't realise how much inner strength she's got! I'd probably run a mile, or get myself stilled.

Heh! So you liked the stilling? Yeah, I found the fact that it had happened to the most powerful person shocking. I had to put the book down in amazement that even SHE is not immune!

And Logain, hmmm? Logain, the man who Min said was fated for glory? Hmmm...

We'll have to see if the end hooks you enough to buy the next book. :D

Hoopy will keep reading it! Book 4, 5, 6...are legendary... Leisha, book ten was fine with me too but IMO Knife of Dreams was my favorite Jordan book in the series so you are in for a treat.

Well, I'm off for the night, but... Ratsy, I hope so! I'd found Hoopy's book the best one, but it would be nice to find another. (Still loved 5+, though, especially the beginning and end of six, and certain parts of five!)

I'll be starting the book in a day or two. :)

I had a bit of a WoT dream last night. I was taking part in a basketball game, only there was a ragtag bunch of us, and the opposing team were all really tall professional players. I was dressed in a long, floor length dress and a cloak.

Also the ball was stupidly heavy.

Anyway, I remember at one point I suddenly leapt at a group of players and started a fight with them and during it people were shouting "Whitecloaks!" When I managed to extract myself I'd lost my cloak, but I found a green one and put that one on, which felt right. Picked my own ajah in my dream, it seems :D

So yeah, finished the book about three days ago and have the next one already ordered. Book four was full of awesome happenings, really interesting information about the world and generally was just the best one, for me, so far.

There were some shocking moments, but the thing about Jordan's shockers -- how they affect me, anyway -- is that they don't feel shocking at the time. He seems to write it in such a way that it almost slips by when you read it, but then later you think back and think "crap, that's really not good."

Also, Gawyn has fallen right off my nice list :mad:

Yay! I've had WoT dreams, but I can't remember them now! I'm sure Rand was in one.

Was your dress "brocaded silk"? :D Those words appear everywhere!

So you want to be Green, do you? Ha! I could see you being a Battle Ajah with your nest of Warders. You'd be awesome on the battlefield. And deadly.

That reminds me. What Ajahs do you think the girls will pick? I once speculated to Seph, but I can't remember what they were now.

And... iiiiiinteresting. Jordan's shockers slide past you subtly? I find a lot of his parts subtle - too subtle at times - but when I'm hit with a shocker, I'm WALLOPED! I have to put the book down to exclaim. Then I sit and ponder the consequences until I feel able to continue. :D

Anyway, Gawyn, huh? Yeah, I was shocked at the two brothers... :eek:

As for me, if anyone's wondering, I finished book ten yesterday. It's definitely the worst book, as Jordan admitted. It had veeeeery slow parts in it, and even his more interesting parts went slower than I'm used to (but were enough to keep me reading), so I'm excited to pick up the next book today, where Jordan gets back on track. Some plots I'm REALLY eager to read!

Well, they all seem happy claiming to be Green and I can certainly see them being battle types. I don't think Ny would pick Blue because it's too...Moiraine ;) Eg and Elyane would make good Blues, too. Considering that Elyane will be pretty submerged in politics and the like, she could be a Grey. Maybe one of them will decide to be a healer type and take up the Yellow!

But mostly, I think they'll be Green.

My subconscious wants to be Green ;) Also, it may well have been silk, I wouldn't be surprised!

I had another WoT dream last night! I can't say anything, else it would give spoilers, though.

I like your deductions. Sensible. And they are fighting towards the Last Battle. I DO like your reasoning!

Back